Whoops!! 9 points on my license, and an offensive weapon in my handbag!!

Guest foxyjo.

Guest foxyjo.

Yesterday, was not a good day...

I had to go to court as I was contesting a heap of points on my driving license. :whistling: and have been flapping about it for weeks. Anyway, I drove the whole 100 miles up there, (very slowly!!), got there in good time and composed myself to look like a responsible mother and driver.

As I went into the court building, a security guard asked for my bag, and I had to walk through a metal detecter, which naturally I set off, turned out to be my "fight the ban" wrist band!! Anyway, the guards starts going through my bag, asking if I've got anything sharp in there. "metal nail file? Nail scissors?"

"nope." I reply confidently

"No tweezers or anything like that?" he asks

"No!" says I, (as if I would have a pair of tweezers in my handbag!! Pish! That's for girly girls)

He starts pulling out the odd item, hoof pick, :icon_redface: nicotene patches, toy car, one glove, etc. and I start to feel a bit of a prat! Then I suddenly remember the knife :icon_eek:

I mentioned that there was my penknife in there somewhere, which he pounces on with great delight. To cut a long and rather embarressing story short, a policeman was summoned, my details were taken, and I had a caution for carrying an offensive weapon!! :wallbash: Jeez...it could only happen to me!! :laugh: I had to tell them what it was for...I stuck to opening hay bales, and sacks of horse food...and had a stern dressing down for carrying a knife in a public domain.

I had the most terrible urge to laugh, and in the end, gave in and just stood grinning at them both like an idiot!! My poor little knife was confiscated and apparently was doomed to instant destruction.

I know I'm a fool. :icon_redface: Perhaps I should have realised I'd get searched, but I don't spend much time in court rooms! :blink: To me it was just a little pen knife. Its always in my bag or pocket, has been for years.

All I could think was, thank god it wasn't the knife of great beauty and wonder I bought from Sean on here!! THAT is a knife!! :laugh:

Oh I'm a tit... :unsure:

Anyway, the day got SOOOOO much worse!! I was given a nasty little heap of points, which did not make prizes. The lump of stone presiding asked what my other 3 points were for, to which I replied, "Speeding. But my dog was dying" He gave me a look of complete disgust, and said that did not justify speeding. (Does in my book).

Now I have 9 points on my license :angry: Does this mean one more misdemeanor and I loose my license? Or is that not necessarily the case? Does anyone know? Everyone here has got conflicting opinions. :wacko:

Guest fight the ban

if you get any more points just plead you need your car for work you will get a 28 day ban instead of points. i got this twice before having my licence revoked.

i was a little stupid when i was younger got alot of driving convictions (11 of them) and 22 points when licence gets back.

jesus thank god it was a knife i was resding it waiting for you to say they found a rampant rabbit in your bag :icon_eek:

:laugh::laugh: seriously though,couldnt you have just contested it in writing,sometimes even a sensible letter to the clerk of the court works wonders :thumbs: .

if you get any more points just plead you need your car for work you will get a 28 day ban instead of points. i got this twice before having my licence revoked.

i was a little stupid when i was younger got alot of driving conictions (11 of them) and 22 points when licence gets back.

for riding a motorbike without a license i got 6 points on the license i didnt have! figure that one out

I had to go to court as I was contesting a heap of points on my driving license. :whistling: and have been flapping about it for weeks. Anyway, I drove the whole 100 miles up there, (very slowly!!), got there in good time and composed myself to look like a responsible mother and driver.

As I went into the court building, a security guard asked for my bag, and I had to walk through a metal detecter, which naturally I set off, turned out to be my "fight the ban" wrist band!! Anyway, the guards starts going through my bag, asking if I've got anything sharp in there. "metal nail file? Nail scissors?"

"No!" says I, (as if I would have a pair of tweezers in my handbag!! Pish! That's for girly girls)

He starts pulling out the odd item, hoof pick, :icon_redface: nicotene patches, toy car, one glove, etc. and I start to feel a bit of a prat! Then I suddenly remember the knife :icon_eek:

I mentioned that there was my penknife in there somewhere, which he pounces on with great delight. To cut a long and rather embarressing story short, a policeman was summoned, my details were taken, and I had a caution for carrying an offensive weapon!! :wallbash: Jeez...it could only happen to me!! :laugh: I had to tell them what it was for...I stuck to opening hay bales, and sacks of horse food...and had a stern dressing down for carrying a knife in a public domain.

I had the most terrible urge to laugh, and in the end, gave in and just stood grinning at them both like an idiot!! My poor little knife was confiscated and apparently was doomed to instant destruction.

I know I'm a fool. :icon_redface: Perhaps I should have realised I'd get searched, but I don't spend much time in court rooms! :blink: To me it was just a little pen knife. Its always in my bag or pocket, has been for years.

All I could think was, thank god it wasn't the knife of great beauty and wonder I bought from Sean on here!! THAT is a knife!! :laugh:

Anyway, the day got SOOOOO much worse!! I was given a nasty little heap of points, which did not make prizes. The lump of stone presiding asked what my other 3 points were for, to which I replied, "Speeding. But my dog was dying" He gave me a look of complete disgust, and said that did not justify speeding. (Does in my book).

Now I have 9 points on my license :angry: Does this mean one more misdemeanor and I loose my license? Or is that not necessarily the case? Does anyone know? Everyone here has got conflicting opinions. :wacko:

Fraid so foxy automatic six month ban next three points.....you'll have to drive like a pensioner the next three years and they'll prob do yah for going to slow...lol

Yes, 3 more points and you can kiss your license goodbye for 6 months. Then you'll have the dreaded 'TT99' code on your license, and your insurance will go through the roof when you get your license back.

Points stay on your license for 5 years, but they expire after 4.

Take your time Jo mate! :laugh:

Can you tell I'm talking from previous experience.....? :whistling::laugh::thumbs:

Guest foxyjo.
jesus thank god it was a knife i was resding it waiting for you to say they found a rampant rabbit in your bag :icon_eek:

:laugh::laugh: Trust you!!!

Will - it was only a little pen knife, but the balde locked out, this makes it a BAD knife. :wacko: apparently the law changed on the 1st September... But you're right, I am a silly mare!! :duh: I never gave it a thought...

Thanks for the advice, everyone here as been confusing the hell out of me, and it doesn't take much.

Maltenby, I haven't even heard of this TT99 :o It just gets worse and worse. It's no wonder I'm getting genuinely terrified of the rozzers, they cost me a bloody fortune every time I see one!! I think I'm going to cry... :cray::cray:

Jacob - I did write letters!! They're just fuckwits and took no notice. They like my money too much. :cray::cray::censored::wallbash:

Maltenby, I haven't even heard of this TT99 :o It just gets worse and worse. It's no wonder I'm getting genuinely terrified of the rozzers, they cost me a bloody fortune every time I see one!! I think I'm going to cry... :cray::cray:

For every road traffic offence, there is a code that goes on your license. For instance, speeding in a 30, you'll get a SP30, for speeding on the motorway, you'll get a SP50, etc.

When you renew your car insurance, you'll be asked about endorsements & you're supposed to give them the code. The TT99 is the code for a 6 month disqualification for what they call, 'totting up.'

I lost my license for 6 months because of it in 2000. When I got my license back, I was horrified by the insurance quotes I was getting back, the cheapest one I could get was £1200, :o and that was only on a battered old Nissan!

Apparently, it's one of the worst codes you can get for bumping up your insurance.

I drive very carefully these days! :thumbs:

you think thats divy? i was doing 4 months in nick when i got a letter from the police sayiy if i didnt come collect my pen knife from the station in 14 days it would be distroyed,i did ask the head scew would he mind if i nip out fot half hour but even after reading the letter he wouldnt let me go :icon_eek: got it back though,wrote to them and reminded them where they'd put me ror the next 4 months and where they sent the letter to me to.clever ay!! :icon_redface: :victory:and i got a 5 month ban for driving without a licance and crashing a car when i was 15 years old ,figure that out? result i fort!! near 40 now but they never leave you alone,got my pen knife in my pocket now, Edited by ooty