walking dog lamping or jeep

Guest smashygadge

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny this topic came up

i was over my permishion here in essex and its big, we where having a shot or to on the old bunnies then we decided to run the dog on a few, well we lamped one up over by the woods slipped the dog he ran up the rab turnt and ran into the woods and the dog followed now just the other side of the woods is a farmers field which has been cut and its just stuble, but not on my permish so we ran through the wood its not big on to the field to find the dog of course, :angel::angel: we walked up found him and then we gets lamped up and called :shok::shok: by some people in a jeep in the middle of the field :icon_redface: of course we turnt the lamp off which we where using to find the dog :whistling: and we slipped back through the woods to my permish but we just could not work out why there was f**k all about that night and im sure there is new tyre tracks over here that is not from me so i think them bleeders where over here first but as you no i was only trying to find me dog :whistling: didnt want to stay for a chat didnt have me gun with me lol

but yes there are loads of people who drive the fields to run there dogs but its not nice,

Guest smashygadge

thats all fare enough but they wearnt game keepers

they had the lamp on me as long as i lamped back

and still turned around for another look .

now when i let my permission no im on their land

i dont want the farmer thinking im running my jeep up and down the road

lamping his land his house .and no concideration for any fecker :whistling:

I run my dogs of the ute most of the time but our way of hunting you usually have to- its not about being lazy but you need to cover a bit of distance for a run and when that run can go for a few km's it would be a slow night. Some places you can walk and get a few rabbits in one spot but there arent many round like that. When back home on the farm I walk/lamp as we are chasing rabbits/foxes there and your better off walking.

Guest smashygadge
I run my dogs of the ute most of the time but our way of hunting you usually have to- its not about being lazy but you need to cover a bit of distance for a run and when that run can go for a few km's it would be a slow night. Some places you can walk and get a few rabbits in one spot but there arent many round like that. When back home on the farm I walk/lamp as we are chasing rabbits/foxes there and your better off walking.

quite understandable where your from

but britains not quite vast and open spaces like abroad :thumbs:

Most of the dickheads who are slagging people lamping from motors have more than likely never done it. Not everyone has permission/can't get any so its either poach or give up. Its got f**k all to do with laziness & ur a f*****g idiot if u think it is. Its about covering more ground & putting the dogs on more game. You can hit better places & be away quicker in a motor. We can cover a couple of hundred miles in a nite easily. I have permission but there's better places than what I have. Try & think about what u say before coming out with the shit you have, each to their own :whistling:

Most of the dickheads who are slagging people lamping from motors have more than likely never done it. Not everyone has permission/can't get any so its either poach or give up. Its got f**k all to do with laziness & ur a f*****g idiot if u think it is. Its about covering more ground & putting the dogs on more game. You can hit better places & be away quicker in a motor. We can cover a couple of hundred miles in a nite easily. I have permission but there's better places than what I have. Try & think about what u say before coming out with the shit you have, each to their own :whistling:

Dont have much permission and where we get charlie we have none at all, fair enough if you lamp from a truck or whatever but its not for me nothing against those who do....I think some folk were having a go at the ones who chase round the field in their 4x4 then let the dogs out the back. One other thing if you do POACH from the side of the road in a vehicle then it is only a matter of time before the old bill collar you but you takes your chances :victory::thumbs: .

Guest smashygadge

no one has started an argument about whats right or wrong .i started a topic becuase ive seen this on my permission a few times now .i wondered what it was all about.if you cover more ground fair play to them that do it .but not my idea of a good night ,i like the exersise too.also the person i asked about it is the first to admit he has put on weight and is too lazy to do the walking now .so no need for feeling like anybodys slagging anyone off :thumbs: ive got the picture and believe it can be affetive way of getting the quarry your out for :victory:

now then just been out was going to potter around my permission.

and for the second occasion now ,i have been faced with being in the middle of a feild

stood watching a lamp from a jeep on the road lamping the fields .

now are these just lazy gits who cant walk their dogs poachers obviously .

but i no it winds me up its obvious their not looking for a nights rabbiting

and it really winds me up .so any of you guys do this instead of walking .whats it all about :hmm:

i lamp on foot but a mainly lamp off back of van i think it gets u a bigger bag u cover a lot more ground and where i live if you just walked u wouldnt get that big of a bag!!!

lamping off the backoff the van is brilliant in my eyes and is no way lazy as when you see somthing you jump off the van and walk up to itwith the dogs it saves time and gets the dogs more graft in my eyes!!! :clapper: