Some Old Pictures of a Hancock

hancocks dogs are not shite for sure 90 feild trail winner ninty qaulifiers 91 92 qaulifiers for real hunting comps no plastic bags shows rossetes ,but time moves on and you get better dogs in you pen and well youi never go back thats what dogs are about moving on and getting better stamp

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just scanned some old pictures of my old Hancock dog. These were taken about 7 - 8yr ago before the ban came in. This first one was from a day out over the local estate which was pretty good going a

This is the last batch coming up thanks for all the comments hope you enjoyed my wee trip down memory lane. No matter what x you prefer get out and do your bit but most of all enjoy what your doing AT

Mine were never billed as quality coursing dogs or even great all rounders just hard working fox dogs who occasionally took other quarry...there's not many true all rounders left

Posted Images

hancocks dogs are not shite for sure 90 feild trail winner ninty qaulifiers 91 92 qaulifiers for real hunting comps no plastic bags shows rossetes ,but time moves on and you get better dogs in you pen and well youi never go back thats what dogs are about moving on and getting better stamp

I agree their not shite its just they were bulled up to some thing they were not and that was quality coursing dogs going on an advert hancock put in the hunters yearbook 1981 prompting lads to get the 3 quarter breds for hare coursing only instead of lamping and mouching dogs wich they excelled at.

ille be truthul there not good a few were good but the law of averages states you breed thousands you get a few i saw tons in the eighties and some struggled to catch rabbits some were no better than a collie and for the local land were out classed as a running dog on winter hares flushing roe ,people who say they are class alrounders well ive yet to see one

I agree their not shite its just they were bulled up to some thing they were not and that was quality coursing dogs going on an advert hancock put in the hunters yearbook 1981 prompting lads to get the 3 quarter breds for hare coursing only instead of lamping and mouching dogs wich they excelled at.

Mine were never billed as quality coursing dogs or even great all rounders just hard working fox dogs who occasionally took other quarry...there's not many true all rounders left :thumbs:

• Like 2

Whin their is and was some good WORKING lurchers came off hancock not out and out coursing dogs but good hardworking allround lurchers like undisputed has more than proven.I have nothing against the hancock dogs themselves its the people who set the ball 100_0416.jpgrolling for people just to breed lurchers for money.Heres the advertisment he put in the hunters year book 1981.

good topic and some great pictures undisputed, managed to see some of megs pups work and they were great dogs, tigre 1 and 2, gripper and larsson, some great dogs. keano and sany still say to this day that blaze was the best fox dog theve seen, well done

atb poacherman

Tell yah what undisputed some top pics there mate there tell yah dogs tale for her she looked a good alrounder ive never own a hancock dog but i know of the older lads in the past had a thew good ones fairplay true lurcher man :thumbs:

Mushroom you started a thread libelling the rescue - not very diplomatic - and when challenged start swearing at me. Great way to have a discussion. The rescue is in good order and everything I've said about the service we provide is true. Sort yourself out and have the courtesy to inform yourself properly before you pass judgement on a rescue that does good work on the basis of one chat in a park.

Listen petal my first post invites someone to give a reasonable explanation I couldn't give a monkeys what you say. I saw what I saw

Keano's gripper & gm's max were every bit as good...as far as I know all negs pups that stayed local all wedded to fox. Looks like that line is gonna die out...shame that the line goes back nearly 30yr

Mushroom you started a thread libelling the rescue - not very diplomatic - and when challenged start swearing at me. Great way to have a discussion. The rescue is in good order and everything I've said about the service we provide is true. Sort yourself out and have the courtesy to inform yourself properly before you pass judgement on a rescue that does good work on the basis of one chat in a park.

Listen petal my first post invites someone to give a reasonable explanation I couldn't give a monkeys what you say. I saw what I saw

Keano's gripper & gm's max were every bit as good...as far as I know all negs pups that stayed local all wedded to fox. Looks like that line is gonna die out...shame that the line goes back nearly 30yr

there still a few dog,s and bitches out there that my old yin sire that can be put back to each other :thumbs:

Edited by Keano

Just scanned some old pictures of my old Hancock dog. These were taken about 7 - 8yr ago before the ban came in. This first one was from a day out over the local estate which was pretty good going and shows what a Hancock is capable of.

A bitch to be proud of

Mine were never billed as quality coursing dogs or even great all rounders just hard working fox dogs who occasionally took other quarry...there's not many true all rounders left :thumbs:

She was a fine animal undisputed and hard on charlie mate i miss mine c--t turned to sheep after 4/12 was gutted!!

there still a few dog,s and bitches out there that my old yin sire that can be put back to each other :thumbs:

Your right keano still a few out there.Meg came out of dash and floyd:victory:.

Edited by Catcher 1

Here are some more with her old sparring partner Meg. This wee black bitch was only 23" but could mix it with any quarry.....the 2nd last one was a charlie she chased and caught and retreived across a burn...Meg was one of our own line and is the dam of keano's old dog Gripper, the last one shows the sire of our original line (Big black dog) the brindle is the brother of old meg. Shame they got to passs on

Great looking back in all that :thumbs:

Think Larson might be a better option given there's half gripper and half meg