a few pics

Guest ragumup

sidebyside When you see a buzzard fly off from that exact spot and it wasn't there earlier that day or and the buzzard tries to fly off with it and its still warm then its obvious to me , theres been a number of times iv actually seen the buzzards catching and missing poults one time i watch a buzzard casing poults round a pen on the ground :icon_eek: iv easly lost a hundred poults this year its been a bad year but iv either not had the camera with me or i forgot or to busy to take pics im only putting them up because some people try to tell me they only eat worms, frogs, insects and dead stuff :no:

Interesting.

I once had a problem with a resently fledged buzzard that was honing its hunting skills in a release pen, but never had them outside unless the poults had been killed on day light by Tawny owls and the buzzards have found the carcases.

Goshawks I have no idea as we haven't got them here, yet.

Tawny owls can reek havoc on a feed ride causing the birds stress and all that goes with it. If it is a buzzard your poults will be legging it anytime one comes into view or calls, if it is sparrow hawks the poults will leg it if ANYTHING with wings comes into view including pigeons or blackbirds etc.

Once buzzards get a taste for poults they often continue hammering them :thumbdown: one time right to the poults turned to adults pining them against the fence wire :icon_eek: then other years i don't get that much bother

iv had bother from tawny's this year too but there are also no goshawks on mine thankfully

Guest little_lloyd
Once buzzards get a taste for poults they often continue hammering them :thumbdown: one time right to the poults turned to adults pining them against the fence wire :icon_eek: then other years i don't get that much bother

iv had bother from tawny's this year too but there are also no goshawks on mine thankfully

I know something that would probally make them stop :whistling:

Flashy cds lol

ragumups reply why is my answer red :hmm:

iv had flashing lights for owls and full size mannikins, made up crash test dummies ,kids dolls with real looking eyes, plastic eagle owls etc all help a bit for a short period

Flashy cds lol

Edited by ragumup

getting the odd buzard kill still, they are getting them against rabbit fences and my birds are 19 weeks old sat and watched one this morning rounding the birds up in to a striking postion. also have seen the odd gos around here and even the buzzards move of when they are about!!!!!!!!!!!

side by side i dont think you will get goshawks,

there a captive bop

and unless there was a pleased falconer near by

you dont need to worry about them

:victory:

As a falconer i can tell you that gos hawks are not only captive bred they are wild birds found in britain and will definatly find poults easy pickings.

Both tawny owls and buzzards will also take poults as will european eagle owls, sparrow hawks and several other non native bops that have escaped from a falconer or been released by the many peple who buy them and dont know what they are doing.

Flashy cds lol

yeah some AAA LOL

side by side i dont think you will get goshawks,

there a captive bop

and unless there was a pleased falconer near by

you dont need to worry about them

are you for real

open your mouth and let your belly rumble lol

Edited by hillkeeper101