Whats the most hares you done in one night

Guest mickyrich

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to a guy just last week who was part of a keepers shoot at six mile bottom that shot over 900 hares in two days !! So I can't see the problem in lamping a few with the dogs. In answer to the origional question, I've had two in a night, but that was by accident, when lamping rabbits; I personaly prefer daytime for hares, pre ban, of course !

Cheers.

each one 2 there own mate, my opinion is a hare should be coursed and not shot! i shoot aswell but would never think of shooting a hare, i would rather give this fine animal a chance to prove itself one on one with a lurcher than fill it full of lead, just my opinion lads :)
I was talking to a guy just last week who was part of a keepers shoot at six mile bottom that shot over 900 hares in two days !! So I can't see the problem in lamping a few with the dogs. In answer to the origional question, I've had two in a night, but that was by accident, when lamping rabbits; I personaly prefer daytime for hares, pre ban, of course !

Cheers.

each one 2 there own mate, my opinion is a hare should be coursed and not shot! i shoot aswell but would never think of shooting a hare, i would rather give this fine animal a chance to prove itself one on one with a lurcher than fill it full of lead, just my opinion lads :)

Never shot a hare in my life, and never would !

Cheers.

Cheers.

Never shot a hare in my life, and never would !

Cheers.

:thumbs::thumbs:
Guest bitsa lurcher
Bitsa lurcher, why did you change your username from ceredigion bull cross to bitsa lurcher?

alright joe , the only other user name i've used on this site is my sons login "noddy and big ears " .....i'll just log out and back in and show you :thumbs:

Bitsa lurcher, why did you change your username from ceredigion bull cross to bitsa lurcher?

alright joe , the only other user name i've used on this site is my sons login "noddy and big ears " .....i'll just log out and back in and show you :thumbs:

HELLO JOE OX , you see now i'm "noody and big ears " not "bitsa lurcher" where do you get ceredigion bull cross from ???

right iv been following this thread closely from the start and havent commented til now.Firstly iv often been told that "a jack russell could catch a hare on the lamp".Well thats just bollox they are still fast on the lamp maybe not as fast as in the day .I dont lamp them cause their is not alot around my way and i enjoy a coarse in the day now and again.Secondly to hear all this ridicilous name calling from supposidly adults is petty, its everymans choice whether he wants to lamp hares or not .

Guest bobsuperdog
just got in run :clapper: not my usual lamping technique but due to full moon covered a bit of newly cut crops,markthe dogs over 9 miles at the side of the landrover not that good conditions out there but had 17 rabbits and a couple of other things as well,

good on you mark,a bad night out is better then a good night in,and to all you lot that think the hare is anything other then that,get over it,they are there for all to take any way you see fit,but most of you on thl would rather sit in crabbing other peoples dogs and catches then get out and do somthing yourself,well done fella for 17/17 let those day time clowns that call it try and beat it, :clapper:

allright "bob s d " ..... i don't agree with lamped hares because in my expierience they are easy to catch compared to daytime .... ooh and in response to "get out and do something yourself " i was out last night schooling a young dog on rabbits :clapper: i see you were posting on here at 12:39 am ....i was still lamping then :victory::whistling: have a nice day i'm off to work :big_boss::bye:

ok bitsa lurcher,i was walking me dogs till that time,but any time you want to bring your dogs down and show me how easy it done i will get you picked up and brough down,it wont cost you a penny its all on me,would you like dogginlad to pick you up saturday,any one with a known coursing dog fancy an easy night out on lamped hares,in hampshire 17/17 will be easy to beat by a good 5/5 fen dog.

when i'm good and ready "bob" i'll come down under my own steam and i'll bring 2 dogs . 1 bitch and 1 dog just you and me we don't need any other spectators .....

yea got it bitza,but i know we will never meet,so lets leave it at that,