Best cross for night time hares?

Everyone knows hares loose there speed, agility and suddenly turn into slugs once its dark!

Dogs with whippet and greyhound in there mix can be very good, there is no best cross as such the best ones usually have several breeds in there makeup.

Edited by joe ox
Guest hpool_hunter

strictly speaking pre ban of course lol - but as said most lurcher breeds will manage , some handy whippets with a good early pace will have no problem . some of the best lurchers can be * BITZAS* , and just have few breeds in their make up ,

when i was out the other night my dog was running a rabbiti was lamping and hare had been disturbed and came running and sat only a couple yards away.i could see it just looking at me but he soon realised and was away into the cover ,what a beautiful creature. all the best

rew

Average dogs can catch lamped hares, especially when the hares run past you close enough for you to trip them. Or look for them in long grass, thats a good way 4 a shit dog to kill em. mine takes em regular :good:

saying that she missed about 15 last nite but they were super hares. much harder 2 kill on the fens

Edited by proudy