mick cawston

Its above the fireplace Eamonn, and thats where it will stay :victory:

Covering the safe .............. :whistling:

I wish SS ............. nothing but soot behind there mate. I wish i was a penny behind you :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Some nice comments about Mick folks, he'd be well proud I'm sure. He was a good mate and drinking buddy. He is certainly missed here.

I first met Mick when he moved to Exmoor, he used to do sketches for pints in our local, I've got some crackers in pencil and watercolour he did for me of my old collie over a few lunchtime beers. He even did an oil painting of my Land rover a few Christmass' ago. Nice things to remember him by.

If anyone is interested in Micks work they really should take a trip down here and see the work he has left on the pub walls.

Will :)

• 5 months later...

If its not too personal a question Will Bowden,was it ever revealed as to why he went as he did.It was a terrible waste of a great man.I understand he must have had a troubled mind obviously,just hard to believe a man with such a great talent should go in such a way.Forgive me if its an inappropriate question and ignore it.

I have 1 of his prints,a collage of terrier heads and the fox,rabbit and a cruel b*****d with a shovel :tongue2: I bought it a good few years ago.Dont think its worth much but I really like it in the sitting room wall.