Wildcat Predator 8

I appreciate this subject has been largely done to death so apologies...

I'm having one of these fitted to my 6.5x55. I'd appreciate opinions, marks out of ten or whatever on the peformance of it mod next to main competitors ie A-TEC, T8, PES etc. :victory:

Edited by Local

There good mate, All I want is a silencer that works as it should, I prefer the reflex style silencers and the wildcat pred 8 is overall better than a T8, strippable to clean and corrosion coated internally...

Thanks for the reply's... i guess i'd know pretty quickly if i had the wrong diameter one on mine :icon_eek:

Only if the diameter was to small :D What I'm trying to say is that anything bigger than your chosen calibre(6.5x55) and the predator 8 will not moderate as well as it should. The t8 is a bit more forgiving in that respect.

Rick.

Only if the diameter was to small :D What I'm trying to say is that anything bigger than your chosen calibre(6.5x55) and the predator 8 will not moderate as well as it should. The t8 is a bit more forgiving in that respect.

Rick.

:clapper: That would be a bit of a nasty suprise. I've left it in the hands of an RFD so hopefully he'll know what he's doing. Appreciate the replies.

Make sure it's calibre specific, at one point there were only two sizes available, I had the .25 on a .223, it was ok but not great. I have since swapped for .223 specific baffles and there is a big improvement.

Rick.

Predator 8

Calibre Inserts Now Available

.17, 22, 243, 25, 27, 30 , 338, 375, 44.

Others made to order....

Did you get one made to order...how much????

General view of the P8 is OK.

Not the best at Sound reduction although OK........ but it is probably one of the easiest to strip and clean, and because of it's modular design it is also easy to change to another calibre or thread without having to buy a whole new moderator.

I have 2. :thumbs:

Sounds good... i guess i'll be getting the .27 size as my 6.5 comes in at .264". Haven't enquired about the custon sizing... just gave the RFD £300 and the rifle to thread, mod and proof. Looking for a functional, economical set up after all is said and done. No one seems to have had a bad experiance which is good to hear. I'll get some grouping cards up when i get it back.

Cheers fellas :victory:

Make sure it's calibre specific, at one point there were only two sizes available, I had the .25 on a .223, it was ok but not great. I have since swapped for .223 specific baffles and there is a big improvement.

Rick.

Predator 8

Calibre Inserts Now Available

.17, 22, 243, 25, 27, 30 , 338, 375, 44.

Others made to order....

Did you get one made to order...how much????

Sorry,I should have said .22 specific baffles.

Rick.