Mixed bag

Went out with my mate Jonesy & a few other lads last night, to one of his new permissions. Jonesy is the one out of all us that go out together that's got the bulk of our permissions, mainly because he's a gobby git and isn't shy about asking! :laugh: We went out with his rimmys, .22LR & .17HMR.

He'd been asked to keep an eye out for Charlie, and this dog fox came within 15 yards in the beam of the lamp after being squeaked in.

Shot with HMR: (Top)

post-8371-1220256117_thumb.jpg

We only got 3 rabbits an the way back to the car with the .22, but as it was a still night with no cloud, we wasn't really expecting a great deal:

post-8371-1220256297_thumb.jpg

I used the 'exploding arse' method off gutting the rabbits, :laugh: it was the first time I tried it, and it worked a treat. The other boy's faces were a picture! :thumbs:

Went out with my mate Jonesy & a few other lads last night, to one of his new permissions. Jonesy is the one out of all us that go out together that's got the bulk of our permissions, mainly because he's a gobby git and isn't shy about asking! :laugh: We went out with his rimmys, .22LR & .17HMR.

He'd been asked to keep an eye out for Charlie, and this dog fox came within 15 yards in the beam of the lamp after being squeaked in.

Shot with HMR: (Top)

post-8371-1220256117_thumb.jpg

We only got 3 rabbits an the way back to the car with the .22, but as it was a still night with no cloud, we wasn't really expecting a great deal:

post-8371-1220256297_thumb.jpg

I used the 'exploding arse' method off gutting the rabbits, :laugh: it was the first time I tried it, and it worked a treat. The other boy's faces were a picture! :thumbs:

Nice shooting,fair size fox.what do you mean by 'exploding arse' for gutting rabbits?

Nice shooting,fair size fox.what do you mean by 'exploding arse' for gutting rabbits?

The technique shown in this post: Exploding arse method! There was a video of it being done on here somewhere.

You're right about the fox being a decent size, I was acting as 'game carrier,' & one of the boys wanted the brush, & the only knife & rope we had was in the car, so muggins here had to carry the fecking thing back through about 12 fields! :wallbash::laugh:

The technique shown in this post: Exploding arse method! There was a video of it being done on here somewhere.

You're right about the fox being a decent size, I was acting as 'game carrier,' & one of the boys wanted the brush, & the only knife & rope we had was in the car, so muggins here had to carry the fecking thing back through about 12 fields! :wallbash::laugh:

Think i will stick to the usual knife method.gutted mate,think we have all been there!

Think i will stick to the usual knife method.gutted mate,think we have all been there!

I usually use a knife for paunching, but I thought I'd give the other method a go after seeing it on here, & it worked!

Some great shooting Mal.

Looks like you had a great Night, You'll be a convert to Powder guns now Mal :laugh:

Good Going.

SS :thumbs:

You're preaching to the converted already mate! :laugh: If I had enough permission of my own, I'd be writing an application out pronto! Maybe in a few more years time.....! :thumbs:

yeh was a brilliant night mal have go out again on another farm and get more new land up on the mountains i think that fox had just come out of its cub days and stupid thing walked right in our path about 3 weeks afta i zeroed my rifles haha but there we are there are plenty more out there to be shot

thats some good shooting mate.

i was out today and and a fox came to within 5yrds of my hide and i was so tempted to have a crack at it wit the .22lr but thought better of it. at the end of the day i had come back with a bit of a mixed bag to. nothing like a bit of diversity.

DSC00605.jpg

atb Karl.