ready for action

well the subaru is almost ready for some serious lamping sessions, i've put outback suspension on, the brake lights on a seperate switch the reverse light bulbs have been removed, front spotlights have been fitted and wired to a seperate switch, rally style sump/exhaust guard fitted (4ft x 2.5 ft), back windows tinted out, colway c trax a/t tyres (205 70 r15), 2 lamp connection points fitted and theres 3 chains fitted in the boot to stop the dogs from causing havoc, it has just over 9" of ground clearance, (more than most landrovers) and still holds the road better than any of the 4x4's, just the bull bar to fit now, then the fun begin's....

thesub001.jpg

thesub002.jpg

thesub004.jpg

thesub003.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice tool that did the outback suspention give it more lift than the legacy suspention,and how much was the tyres mate

good luck and be safe :victory:

yes the outback suspension gives them a good bit off lift and it carries the weight better than the standard struts, i allready had the tyres from an outback i used to have, but there not expensive anyway about 45 quid a tyre....

All you need now is a friend on stand by with a landy to tow you out :whistling: nice looking car though.

lol...my mate has 2 landrovers but if we get stuck we phone another lad with a trooper which as a lot more power, and it gets here twice as fast as the landrovers.... :whistling:

Just needs a wash and polish now and it's ready to go :tongue2:

So if someone was looking for a Legacy, would they be better getting the Outback?

no mate i would'nt recomend an outback to anyone the 2.5 engines are very "ropey", and are common for blowing head gaskets...

i prefer the 2.2 gx models best, but the 2.0 gls is just as good really, just slightly less "go", better fuel consumpsion though...

Sounds like you've got the perfect motor for your job, :whistling:

How much have you spent on the motor to get it like that so far?

not much really, i allready had most of the stuff here, i had to buy the suspension though but that was'nt dear either....

Lucky, its nearly touching the deck.... :laugh: nice setup for the stubble...

9" off the deck at the lowest point (the back diff), measure your landrover ian and see what the clearance is, very similar i think...

aoutback003.jpg

aoutback002.jpg

aoutback001.jpg