going to find new permission today

going for a ride out today hoping to find some new permission.ive tried posting letters to local farmers with no luck.decided today going to knock on some doors any ideas what to say and what not to say .its ferreting and lamping permissiom im after.will let you all no how i get on later.wish me luck.

i find that a farmers ears and all atention is focused best in the evening time or lunch and if you mention free pest control and full respect for property and livesstock then they cant resist

also dont go driving like the clapers playing chav music dress respectfully and drive at a polite speed through there land

all the best

wrf

Good common sense this post, but what is the "dress respectfully" bit all about. He's a hunter after killing animals. Its not a funeral or a wedding, just go as your normal self. Mention that you will be alone, they like that(then later when you know them, you can ask to bring a friend if needed). And dont mention lamping straight away, get the permission first. A lot of farmer will not tolerate lamping, due to phesant, grouse, partridge theft!

Offer your catch to them, before you have caught anything. meaning, if i catch a rabbit or two, your more than welcome to them!! Good luck... Where abouts are you?

never post out a letter as they simply don't know who you are, face to face is always best, if you do get a no from them simply say....well thank you for your time anyway.........he may have a rethink or just be checking you out to get a reaction...

or if simply NO then ask if the farmer would know of anyone else looking for a bit of free pest control.............

if its a yes treat the land and stock with respect and word will travel you will then get more permission that way.......good luck

i find that a farmers ears and all atention is focused best in the evening time or lunch and if you mention free pest control and full respect for property and livesstock then they cant resist

also dont go driving like the clapers playing chav music dress respectfully and drive at a polite speed through there land

all the best

wrf

Good common sense this post, but what is the "dress respectfully" bit all about. He's a hunter after killing animals . Its not a funeral or a wedding, just go as your normal self. Mention that you will be alone, they like that(then later when you know them, you can ask to bring a friend if needed). And dont mention lamping straight away, get the permission first. A lot of farmer will not tolerate lamping, due to phesant, grouse, partridge theft!

Offer your catch to them, before you have caught anything. meaning, if i catch a rabbit or two, your more than welcome to them!! Good luck... Where abouts are you?

turning up on farmers doorstep looking like RAMBO aint doing him any favours

all the best

wrf

I disagree with the bit about farmers being better at lunch and evening. My dad is a farmer and he is really annoyed if someone wants him while he wants his lunch or time with my mum in the evenings. I would try and find him on the farm and give him a hand at what he is doing while you are talking and make yourself a bit useful

Guest smashygadge
going for a ride out today hoping to find some new permission.ive tried posting letters to local farmers with no luck.decided today going to knock on some doors any ideas what to say and what not to say .its ferreting and lamping permissiom im after.will let you all no how i get on later.wish me luck.

write up your intention

with full details of address and contact telephone

put the heading free rabbit controll

then describe your buisness in a freindly and respectfull manor

and the free help you could offer them in regards anything they may need help with.

sign it make a load of copys

take pemissoin book open ready for them to pop all their details down.

and as soon as they open the door give them a letter

and state what your their for,even if they dont want you they will let others no your available.and best of luck .

its been succesfull for me :victory:

all the best

wrf

Good common sense this post, but what is the "dress respectfully" bit all about. He's a hunter after killing animals . Its not a funeral or a wedding, just go as your normal self. Mention that you will be alone, they like that(then later when you know them, you can ask to bring a friend if needed). And dont mention lamping straight away, get the permission first. A lot of farmer will not tolerate lamping, due to phesant, grouse, partridge theft!

turning up on farmers doorstep looking like RAMBO aint doing him any favours

Stubby, carry on with your underlineing. and you will see in the next 10 words or so, it says "go as your normal self!"

I am sorry i dont know Baz, and i didnt realize he dressed as RAMBO! In fact i didnt realize that anybody did! Or you just trying to stare a bit of trouble up???