Dogs in the Lamping Competition

Guest world.hunters

heres 'fly' the lurcher i will be running through this comp,shes whippet greyhound with a dash of collie and deerhound in there and she stands 24 1/2" tts .she hasnt had a full season yet but was bagging decent amounts of bunnys on some hard ground towards the end of last season so im looking forward to what this year brings.

DSCF0747.jpg

a092.jpg

good hunting

rew

Edited by REW

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it all gos well for you lads, hats off to you lot. I hope scouser3038 wins even though he is an evertonian. oh and i do like the look of Delta and Nancy ;) . cheers wex.

I wouldnt hold your breath Wex, I cant see a 70lb 26.5" dog winning this comp :icon_eek: but it shuold be a good crack and it is a good idea so I thought I might aswell have a pop. You never know

I could go through all 4 rounds by default anything can happen in a nights lamping!!!! :whistling:

if the dog is anything like the BLUE S_ITE in competitions, you will be out first round :tongue2: . No seriously "A" size dont matter, if the dog is good enough its big enough. Good luck in the comp you Bluenose. ;)
Guest markbrick1

for one wouldnt bet on a few pics :whistling::whistling: there will be some good dogs in this comp and a bit riding on it,tara looks good and also does cps dog,but also a lot of others do as well,good luck to everyone and lets make it a good social freindly event :clapper::clapper: which might get repeated yr in yr out,i think it might be lady i enter depends on ground??????iam realy stuck,shes done ok tonight,mark

post-1343-1217896605.jpg

Guest markbrick1
for one wouldnt bet on a few pics :whistling::whistling: there will be some good dogs in this comp and a bit riding on it,tara looks good and also does cps dog,but also a lot of others do as well,good luck to everyone and lets make it a good social freindly event :clapper::clapper: which might get repeated yr in yr out,i think it might be lady i enter depends on ground??????iam realy stuck,shes done ok tonight,mark

lady

post-1343-1217896734_thumb.jpg

I hope it all gos well for you lads, hats off to you lot. I hope scouser3038 wins even though he is an evertonian. oh and i do like the look of Delta and Nancy ;) . cheers wex.

I wouldnt hold your breath Wex, I cant see a 70lb 26.5" dog winning this comp :icon_eek: but it shuold be a good crack and it is a good idea so I thought I might aswell have a pop. You never know

I could go through all 4 rounds by default anything can happen in a nights lamping!!!! :whistling:

if the dog is anything like the BLUE S_ITE in competitions, you will be out first round :tongue2: . No seriously "A" size dont matter, if the dog is good enough its big enough. Good luck in the comp you Bluenose. ;)

I'd rather be like Everton, we dont claim to be anything special, dont spend big bucks and finish a respectable 5th. Than be like the redshite dont shut up about what they are going to win this season, spend stupid amounts of money and then go missing during the season. :tongue2:

You know yourself Wex theres quite a few on here that go missing!!!! Dont shut up about what thier dogs can do and then you dont hear from them till the summer. Look! we cant even get 32 dogs in the whole of England,Scotland and Wales!!!! Cyber Hunters :wallbash: Pity you wasn't over this side I would of liked to have seen Fred in this Comp. :victory:

A few pic's of Tomo's bitch Tara

DSCF0016ml.jpg

DSCF0015ml2.jpg

I know looks aren't everything but thats a fine looking animal,a real credit to you Tomo.On paper id say a dog around the 22inch mark and 35-45lbs would be the ideal rabbit tool.Have to say i reckon Tomo,and Markbricks dogs will take some beating on paper.All the best to everyone who's entered. :thumbs:

Guest world.hunters

this is the dog i hope to enter next season if she makes the mark

she is a whippet grey with 1/8 beddi and 1/16 collie she will make a nice little bitch around 22"tts

1-18.jpg

3-9.jpg

W.h

Guest markbrick1
What's this lamping competition thing about? does it go on numbers or is it going to be judged like coursing? is it single handed? tell us what you're doing

Read the rules post

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Guest Leveller
Read the rules post

Thanks Max that's made it a whole lot clearer, good luck whoever enters etc: not my kinda thing but fair play giving to charity it'll be intresting to see the outcome over the season.

If I understand the rules correctly, it's the dog that catches the most rabbit's from a 3 hour period ???? SO if I was running a dog in the comp (tho I'm not) against someone who's dog doesn't retrieve. Lamp on... squatter there, and there etc etc. Dog run's connect's with rabbit .... Owner then run's connect's with dog + rabbit. Obviously there ain't gonna be many of the said squatter's left about for the next chap's dog to run, and any rabbit's still about are going to be in there starting block's. How you going to overcome this ????

Altho in saying this, the dog that doesn't retrieve is going to conserve alot more energy over 3 hrs, than a dog that does carry to hand. And at the end of the day (well night) it's all about number's in the bag !!! With you not getting any extra point's for the way the dog goes about it's job