.22 or.177

i prefer .22 :gunsmilie:

i have found that a lot of people dont understand how there pellet flys and that you can zero it in on the lift or the drop and have problems with it :icon_redface: but if your scope is zeroed correctly when its on its straightest course and your confident with your gun and you realize where you pellet will be at what distance you will do the same job verry well with the .22 :clapper:

the 177 just stays straight for longer so its easyer to zero in. there fore people think they are more accurate where as they both can be just as good as each other as long as you know how to zero proply :victory:

if u do motorcross language

.22 is like riding a kx500 round a track it will get you there sh**ing fast but its blody hard work

or

1.77 is like riding a kx250 round the same track it will get you there not quite as fast but its just that little bit easyer to ride

i know what id get on every time!! :whistling::whistling::whistling:

.177 for me, choose a heavier pellet of around 10 grains for hunting...... Bisley magnum, Logun penetrator, crosman premier heavy or something similar.

.22 are fine but better in FAC........If you have a 12ft/lb gun, .177 is the superior calibre for accuracy and greater range.

In my humble opinion of course :)

i prefer .22 :gunsmilie:

i have found that a lot of people dont understand how there pellet flys and that you can zero it in on the lift or the drop and have problems with it :icon_redface: but if your scope is zeroed correctly when its on its straightest course and your confident with your gun and you realize where you pellet will be at what distance you will do the same job verry well with the .22 :clapper:

the 177 just stays straight for longer so its easyer to zero in. there fore people think they are more accurate where as they both can be just as good as each other as long as you know how to zero proply :victory:

if u do motorcross language

.22 is like riding a kx500 round a track it will get you there sh**ing fast but its blody hard work

or

1.77 is like riding a kx250 round the same track it will get you there not quite as fast but its just that little bit easyer to ride

i know what id get on every time!! :whistling::whistling::whistling:

but .177 travels faster than .22 ??????????

ill translate the motocross lol :doh:

what im trying to say is that they both do the same job just as well :gunsmilie:

sept one is a bit harder to use but great fun

and the other is easer to use and not as quite as much fun

there u go

:D

I would just like to say that I have seen so, so many ' what calibre is best' threads in the past, so all I will say to the matter is that its a case of whatever feels and performs right for you (as the shooter) is the right tool for the job in hand. :thumbs:

The way i think of it is like this: with a 22 pellet, once fired and you are tracking it in the scope, it almost can be likened to a mortar, looping up and then lopping down onto the target, like? LOL. A very good choice of calibre for the closer work, where the 22 will give you more punch, IMHO. Also, with a 22, you will sacrifice accuracy if you go beyond its useful range.

Whereas, with the .177, it is more of a 'surgical strike', with respect to the fact that you can pick a place on your target, and (providing your scope is correctly zero'd to the rifle, of course) that point is where the pellet will go - with a much less pronounced looping trajectory as well. This is what makes it better suited to a further range than that of a 22 - accuracy wise.

Having said that, I'm sure that each calibre has its good and bad points in equal measure to each other.

Just thought I'd chuck my t'uppence worth into the pot! :laugh:

Regards, :)

Grim

Edited by Grim Reaper
I would just like to say that I have seen so, so many ' what calibre is best' threads in the past, so all I will say to the matter is that its a case of whatever feels and performs right for you (as the shooter) is the right tool for the job in hand. :thumbs:

The way i think of it is like this: with a 22 pellet, once fired and you are tracking it in the scope, it almost can be likened to a mortar, looping up and then lopping down onto the target, like? LOL. A very good choice of calibre for the closer work, where the 22 will give you more punch, IMHO. Also, with a 22, you will sacrifice accuracy if you go beyond its useful range.

Whereas, with the .177, it is more of a 'surgical strike', with respect to the fact that you can pick a place on your target, and (providing your scope is correctly zero'd to the rifle, of course) that point is where the pellet will go - with a much less pronounced looping trajectory as well. This is what makes it better suited to a further range than that of a 22 - accuracy wise.

Having said that, I'm sure that each calibre has its good and bad points in equal measure to each other.

Just thought I'd chuck my t'uppence worth into the pot! :laugh:

Regards, :)

Grim

I've ran out of tuppence's to chuck into the pot. I was a millionaire before I came here & started chucking tuppence's at '.177 or .22' threads! :icon_eek::laugh:

I've ran out of tuppence's to chuck into the pot. I was a millionaire before I came here & started chucking tuppence's at '.177 or .22' threads! :icon_eek::laugh:

ROTFLMAO!! Hehe . . .Nice one M! :thumbs:

Regards,

Grim.

ill translate the motocross lol :doh:

what im trying to say is that they both do the same job just as well :gunsmilie:

sept one is a bit harder to use but great fun

and the other is easer to use and not as quite as much fun

there u go

:D

bad comparrison mate ...........lol.

been motocrossing for 30 years !!!!.......i'll agree, any 500 2 stroke is fun to ride :icon_eek:

it dosn't matter what calibre.........shot placement is key.

once your zeroed........no problem!!

all the best

sean

bad comparrison mate ...........lol.

been motocrossing for 30 years !!!!....... i'll agree, any 500 2 stroke is fun to ride :icon_eek:

it dosn't matter what calibre.........shot placement is key.

once your zeroed........no problem!!

all the best

sean

I agree with you there Sean - placement over calibre . . . all day long. :thumbs:

Its sort of like the old saying goes " Its not the size of the gun that matters, but rather the speed of the bullet ", Innit!? :laugh::laugh:

Regards,

Grim.

Edited by Grim Reaper