.22 or.177

here it go's again most people on here like .22

imo .177 is better with a heavyer pellet something like 9.2 becouse its got less pellet drop and with a heavyer pellet it has hitting power as like the .22

its personal preference only you can decide but ive allways had .177

does the .177 kill good then on the rabbits and birds?

if you hit it in the right spot with any calibre it will go down but i think you would be better with .177 less pellet drop so easyer to use.

I'm impressed.... the phrase most commonly used is "the .177 is more accurate than a .22". This of course is not necessarily correct over a given distance.

You are absolutely correct in that (assuming the same power for each) the .177 is flatter in flight! :thumbs:

This .177/.22 business will probably go on long after we are all dust, both have the power to stop bunnies but you tend to have to be more accurate with the .177, simple really, it is smaller and tends to do slightly less damage, can also tend to go right through some quarry, rats, squirrel, birds and sometimes even the rabbit. The .22 will tend to stay in the quarry more often, so not only does it make a bigger hole it tends to impart all it's energy into the quarry!

Please note the use of the word "tend".....the debate will continue....

I favour the .22, both in 12ft lb and FAC version!

Edited by Deker

I use a Theoben Scirroco 1.77 for all my pest control work where anything bigger wouldn't do. I use it to cull feral pigeons, rabbits etc. and for dispatching small cage trapped animals. So it's the 1.77 for me every time.

Rolfe.

well its 22 for me i do shooting on a farm rabbits rooks crows ect ect and ive got rid of 30 ferials for the farmer in some barns has just got that extra knock down power .. my choice of rifle bsa superten carbine bullbarrel nice short for hunting close up round buildings ,in hides

which will be your next q

classic barrel

or

cabine

lol

as already said.................shot placement over calibre every time.

i like the knock down power of .22........and the flatter trajectory of .177.

so......i'm sure it will be said before to long........ .20 best of both worlds.....no!!!!

why???...... .20 pellets are harder to get hold of and because they are less popular the tend to be more expensive.

so my advice would be .22

but use whatever you feel comfortable with.

all the best

sean

as already said.................shot placement over calibre every time.

i like the knock down power of .22........and the flatter trajectory of .177.

so......i'm sure it will be said before to long........ .20 best of both worlds.....no!!!!

why???...... .20 pellets are harder to get hold of and because they are less popular the tend to be more expensive.

so my advice would be .22

but use whatever you feel comfortable with.

all the best

sean

The .20 just hasn't taken off the way it was expected to has it ..marketed as the best of both worlds...it soon became obvious it wasn't, not as flat as the .177 and doesn't hit as hard as the .22...Hey Ho!!! it goes on and on...

What I find strange in all the .177 or .22 debates is people tend to be fairly pasionate about one or the other, very rare to hear someone say ...I have BOTH!!! And argueably there is a place for both in many peoples uses!!!

.20 for me guys regardless of the cost as you get the best of both worlds in stopping power and flight trajectory. If you check Ben Taylors out they've developed a nice hunting pellet in .20 and also the Logun penetrater's in .20 are excellent too....