help please

hello all i need urgent advice i have 6 kits in all 5 were born one day

then 3 days later the runt was born all was well eating fine ect

then lately he isnt eating and is so smaller that the other and

isnt eating properly has anyone took them away from mother

and hand reared can anyone tell me how to keep him alive

i feel so sorry for it.

have the same here jack, 12 kitts in the court are 12weeks old, yet 2 of them seem to be runts, although they were bred from magwitch's greyhound line, anyway, took the smallest one out last week and kept it seperate for 3 days, its about the size of a 6 week old, fed it 4 times a day on fresh rabbit and cat milk, and it picked up and went back in the court, she's now holding her own, even with bigger siblings, her brother though, now named "herman" after the munsters, was in a really bad way, stopped eating 3 days ago and was very dehydrated, got him to the vets and they gave him antibiotics, wanted to keep him in on a drip, but i declinned that, and brought him home, he lives in the frontroom, they gave us more antibiotics that can be administered via mouth, 2 lots both twice a day plus some eye drops for the mucky eye, and recomended we put him on their cat food "science plan" and not use cat milk as it was giving him the $hites, anyway, so far he's ok, still very weak, and not great on his back legs, but he's got his appitite back 100%, also syringe water into him to make sure he's getting enough water, even wipe his bum for him :icon_redface:

I know alot would probably just knock him on the head, but Im all for giving them a fighting chance, and if he survives, he'll be bloody tame as can be, and most prob stay a house ferret (shit, will I be classed as a pet owner :icon_redface: )

the good thing was, earlier ferrets that I sold, I put the money in a jar in the shed, so the vet's bill of £50 ish, aint really cost me anything

so Id say, if hand rearing is the only option, then its worth giving it a go, if you can get it to a vet, then do so, its good to get their advice sometimes, although mine (a polish lass) looked at me in horror when I told her I fed fresh rabbit to the ferts rather than cat food

if vets arnt available, gimme a ring or pm, and Ill tell you something else

alrite everyone thanks for advice

sadly she died overnight i brung her into my room put

her on a heat pad and gave her bits of rabbit and a drink but it could even

hold its head up so took mum out and put them together seperately and she didnt want to know

tried to find the baby this morning she either killed it or it died and she eat it at least i tried

anyway still got plenty more terrors running about should keep me busy.

thanks again for everyones help :thumbs::thumbs: