WRITINGS ON THE WALL

Guest greengrass123

Guest greengrass123

Working on a block of terraces in a small village in east yorks population about 500. Several names scratched into the brickwork all dated between 1907 to 1910 local kids probably. Anyway war memorial is opposite on the village green had a look on it and found 3 of those 7 names inscribed on it. Certainly makes you think you were born at the right time, and what a hell of a price was paid for your freedom. :hmm:

i read in the paper the other day a woman stopped a gang of hoodies vandalising a war memorial. she managed to grab hold of one of them and reported them to police. SHE GOT DONE FOR ASSAULT!!! the hoodies told the magistrates that the soldiers, war memorial etc, 'meant nothing to him! worlds gone mad!!!!!

Edited by Tracy36

Two youths in hoodies, one helping his mate get over my mates back fence, my mate saw them from a bedroom window and ran around the house, knocked the one off his fence with a good hard clout and belted the other hard, they reported him to the police for assault, the police knowing that the two youths were little shits anyway still had to caution my mate, my mate went on to the estate a coupla nights later found em and gave em another belting, and said ok go to the bobbies and report me again, and then I'll find you again, see who gets sick first, pain isnt a thing you ever get used too.

Working on a block of terraces in a small village in east yorks population about 500. Several names scratched into the brickwork all dated between 1907 to 1910 local kids probably. Anyway war memorial is opposite on the village green had a look on it and found 3 of those 7 names inscribed on it. Certainly makes you think you were born at the right time, and what a hell of a price was paid for your freedom. :hmm:

Bothwell castle has the names of residents who lived there hundreds of years ago scraped into the walls and theres a name chisled into sandstone on the banks of the River Clyde noting that the Clyde had risen to this level over 3 hundred years ago. They even had neds back then! :laugh:

theres a gang of little shits near us who are a nightmare,recently we all got leaflets through the door explaining they all got asbos and they were not aloud to mix with each other and had to be in at a certain time in the evening and it showed the areas they are not allowed to go in.

yeah im sure you can guess whats coming next.they are drinking,causing trouble and in the places they are not supposed to be.

the law is an ass,the little shits want a bloody good hiding and a couple of years national service. :no: :black eye:

The men and women who fought in the World Wars did so because most were called-up. For every one that wanted a crack at the enemy there must've been many more who were frightened .The option to go AWOL or into hiding was taken by some but most did their duty. Many fought beyond the call. Many died .

Thanks to those who fought it is very unlikely that todays youth will ever be called upon to prove their worth in the same way. This is just as well .In the event of call-up we'd probably hear, "I ain't F***** fightin",from the Crack-arses( who when not off the head actually do spend their time fighting-usually elderly ladies.) and "I'm exempt .I'm a student. Anyway what about my Gap-year?",from just about anyone who could get away with it.