got a doz pheasant poults with a clocker i intend to move them into a shed with a run but the shed has a problem with mite, tried duramitex but its not doing much good, just wanting advice on how to remedy the problem! going to release them locally and hopefully they,ll help the wild population, i have no intention of shooting them just like to see them about!

Guest lurcherboy2008
you can get smoke bombs mate just put it in the shed light it and go out and close the door :victory:

yeah do that i think theyre about £3 each think you must leave them for 2 hours before you open the door then leave it another hour before you can put anything back in there, good though kills fleas and everything else

you can get smoke bombs mate just put it in the shed light it and go out and close the door :victory:

yeah do that i think theyre about £3 each think you must leave them for 2 hours before you open the door then leave it another hour before you can put anything back in there, good though kills fleas and everything else

cheers lads :signthankspin: any idea where i can get hold of them sound just the job :good::good:

Guest coney catcher99

i had some from the petshop butt they were shit then the guy in the next allotment to me ordered me some out of a pigeon booklet iv googled it butt cant seem 2 find it :hmm:

Guest lurcherboy2008
try jays fluid or black disinfectant works the same as duramitex.

cheers lads :notworthy: when you say black disinfectant do you mean BATTLES BLACK! a friend has mentioned it to me!

yeah think its called battles black meant to be good stuff but i dont think its got a scratch on duramytex, do the job tidy use duramytex and smoke bombs :yes::yes:

Diatemacious Earth (Dirt) works really well to get the mites off of them as the poults will use it as a dust bath. It slices the little suckers to bits. This is nice if you need a more natural approach for continued mite control.

i trust your doing your bit to control the local vermin population ?

that'd be alot more help to the wild bird population than a dozen poults released !

:victory:

i,m doing my bit for them, catching crows and magpies in me larsen trap, rats etc in me fenn trap, also do a bit shooting when i can, every little helps :victory: