EARLIEST FIRST KILL

Guest greengrass123

Guest smashygadge
once went to look at some pups a real live romany living in a bow top that had pulled into the lane one summer evening. he showed me the pups first about eight all seven week old living under the bowtop in a kennel with the bitch chained to the wheel.she still had a bit of milk on her as the pups looked a bit keen, anyhow i asked him if the bitch was any good on hares and he uncoupled her and started to walk into the field with all the little mites following.i told him he might ruin the bitch if she had a serius run in that condition but he just smiled. 30 yards away up jumps a hare and the race was on bitch binding up and turning it all over the field just as it was going to get away she turned it from the gate and the hare ran straight back at us, i just stared in disbelief as if rolled and killed it at my feet, the romany smiled and walked over to where i was stood and looking at my face said if you think that was good look over your shoulder, as i looked each one of the pups was carrying a baby levert... true story honest :icon_redface:

grand story that any thought on writing a book :thumbs:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clapper::clapper:

My bitch caught a fly on the edge of her food bowl at 6 weeks :victory:

I forgot to add............In front of witnesses :yes:

aye but did it retrieve live to hand thats the main thing :icon_eek::tongue2:

Shamefull admission,she only got it because one of my kids incapacitated it by pulling off the wings,yup,the fly was a dropper :icon_redface:

thats kids for ya, they just love pulling things apart

One of my Saluki pup was homed with none hunting folk when the pup was 5 months old he pulled a roe singlehanded very clean on the neck. These folk are middle aged folk with no reason at lie about such things.

My Red saluki/Lurcher was killing fox cubs from at 6/7 months old on fox drives.

My Salukis have always been hunting up killing the odd rabbits on walks by 5 months old.

When you live and work in game rich areas they going to starting killing stuff from a early age.

I don't really find any of these accounts of early kills so unbelieveable as some of you are making out.

One of my Saluki pup was homed with none hunting folk when the pup was 5 months old he pulled a roe singlehanded very clean on the neck. These folk are middle aged folk with no reason at lie about such things.

My Red saluki/Lurcher was killing fox cubs from at 6/7 months old on fox drives.

My Salukis have always been hunting up killing the odd rabbits on walks by 5 months old.

When you live and work in game rich areas they going to starting killing stuff from a early age.

I don't really find any of these accounts of early kills so unbelieveable as some of you are making out.

thank you :victory:

Guest Magwitch
Ted on the left at five months on ferreted rabbits

Is that your Beddi/Whippet? looks nice, how old is he now and has he caught any on the run?

Had him out right at the end of last season getting him use to with the longnets, The farmer gave us a set a side field with buries out in the open so we just took two ferrets and the pups for some education. He's caught full grown rabbits bolting at top speed and through the summer i have had him out mooching in the long grass catching bolters. He's 9 and a bit months now.

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC02498.jpg

DSC02383.jpg

Ted on the left at five months on ferreted rabbits

DSC02124.jpg

Is that your Beddi/Whippet? looks nice, how old is he now and has he caught any on the run?

I can vouch for Magwitch's dog ,the other pup in the picture is mine,"Ted" made my saluki x pup look half asleep that day ,Ted has come on in leaps and bounds ,marks true and carries to hand seems to be a natural ,a proper" ferreters friend ".Inan.