hungry kitts

from last sunday ive been feeding my kits chicken thighs theres 8 kits, and ive been feeding them 3 or 4 chicken thighs a day.

im just wondering whether im feeding them to much.?

If there all happy & content then no :thumbs: is the whole lot being eaten clean to the bone ?

from last sunday ive been feeding my kits chicken thighs theres 8 kits, and ive been feeding them 3 or 4 chicken thighs a day.

If there all happy & content then no :thumbs: is the whole lot being eaten clean to the bone ?

yep they eat all the meat to the bone

well they wouldnt eat it if they didnt want or need to , if there happy well ballanced kits then you have nothing to worry about they will be fine

well they wouldnt eat it if they didnt want or need to , if there happy well ballanced kits then you have nothing to worry about they will be fine

ok thanks alot :thumbs:

If they are stripping all of them to the bone then i'd be tempted to put another in, you can't feed young animals too much imo and i'd also give whole carcase rather than just bits of chicken.

Bits of meat is better than no meat at all. :thumbs:

Guest smashygadge
got about twenty young ones knocking around here at the moment, they have ad lib dry food but they can still strip two adult rabbits a day no problem, they are only about the size of a good sausage.

i dont cut the mea off i put the whole thigh in and they dont seem to eat the bone.

hi mate ive got 8 on the go at 5 week 4days and they strip a good full rabbit inside and out in less than the days over. and i put dry biscuit in too for the adults and they have a nibble on that too .and i no come morning their will only be a few legs of the rabbit and abit of the fur skin left :thumbs:

Why no try a complete rabbit last year when i had loads of kitts they where stripping two rabbits a day when animals are young i believe in filling them with good grub i firmly believe it wards off problems later in life

this morning when i went to the hutch they had eaten the chicken bone aswell is this dangerous to them because it can be in dogs. they never usually bother with the bone.

If the bones are cooked then they shouldnt be offered , but raw bones are fine