Britains most elusive mammal..

Have had 3 sightings of Otter along the river Yare in Norfolk in the last 6 years...first time my old dog disturbed them in reeds on the river bank heard them go in but didnt seem em at first but could see from all the bubbles it was something big couldnt belive it when a dog and then a bitch surfaced to give us a look!...i was so shocked i rang the wife on the mobile to tell her...(she wernt that impressed!)...was crossing a dyke off the yare by a bridge made of railway sleepers and had one swim right under us!...beutiful creatures!...was told recently that they have been seen off the river Thurne in the heart of the broads...they will thrive there

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joe ox
Saw my first wild otter while out lamping beginning of this year fairly local to me, there making a great comeback.

how far from you was it joe ?? must be near to me :whistling:

About 5 yards in front of the car :clapper:

Slayley area :victory:

i seen two down the coast at portpatrick at the weekend. one was spotted about 50yds fae the harbour walls going into the rocks. every river in me has them on it now. on a local fishery i go to i counted 6 on the lamp with the owner one night. 2 adults and 4 cubs two were alot bigger cubs about 3/4 grown