3/4 bull/greyhound v 3/4 collie/greyhound

I have both, not much difference between the two, the bull x is more headstrong, the collie x uses her brain more, if your going to get more rabbit than fox get a collie x, or bull x if more fox.
thanks thats a nice easy way to put it

cheers sounder

ive always had small lurcher crosses then went for the collie* greyhounds and found them good for all quarry but my mates have bull crosses and i find these excellent and excell at everything its horses for courses and whatever catches your eye i suppose

not a big fan of bull cross..... but everyone has their own preferences...... in fact, the young dog i have now has a very small amount of bull in him and is not showing any of the "typical" bull traits..... he's good with the kids and does what i tell him, except retrieve :D little shit...... sure i'll get him sorted when he's nailing bunny's ;)

if you want stamina,,,go for collie x

if you want jaw power,,,go for bull x

not a big fan of bull cross..... but everyone has their own preferences...... in fact, the young dog i have now has a very small amount of bull in him and is not showing any of the "typical" bull traits..... he's good with the kids and does what i tell him, except retrieve :D little shit...... sure i'll get him sorted when he's nailing bunny's ;)

hello rabbit hunter....typical bull traits? ,...just curious as to what they are?

neil b,....with reference to the dogs your wanting, is it 3/4 bull and 3/4 collie bred dogs your wanting or did you mean 3/4 greyhound?

as imo even though the reverse 3/4 bred dogs will have there uses, you will be limited with them.

valentino

Guest ooty
I have both, not much difference between the two, the bull x is more headstrong, the collie x uses her brain more, if your going to get more rabbit than fox get a collie x, or bull x if more fox.
must agree.i also have both depends what your hunting realy. if i could only have one then i find the collie x to be the better alround and easyer to work with although my bull x is young and still very head strong.good luck with which ever they are both top lurchers.i think iv had an accidental mateing in my kennals and will be haveing a litter of bull,g,hound collie g,hound,not a bad accident sept its my older semi retired collie x.recon il be keeping one on,should be an intresting mix,does anyony own such a cross?? :victory:
Guest bitsa lurcher
i am thinking ov getting a lurcher pup in the next few months and just wanted to hear the fors and againsts for each cross i will be hunting mostly rabbits and fox

if you have problems making up your mind why not get a bull/grey x collie/grey ???

hello rabbit hunter....typical bull traits? ,...just curious as to what they are?

neil b,....with reference to the dogs your wanting, is it 3/4 bull and 3/4 collie bred dogs your wanting or did you mean 3/4 greyhound?

as imo even though the reverse 3/4 bred dogs will have there uses, you will be limited with them.

valentino

must agree.i also have both depends what your hunting realy. if i could only have one then i find the collie x to be the better alround and easyer to work with although my bull x is young and still very head strong.good luck with which ever they are both top lurchers.i think iv had an accidental mateing in my kennals and will be haveing a litter of bull,g,hound collie g,hound,not a bad accident sept its my older semi retired collie x.recon il be keeping one on,should be an intresting mix,does anyony own such a cross?? :victory:

let me no if you have any pups going spare please when the time comes thanks