Alaunt or Bull Cross...

Very good point about the coat, mine are shedding at the moment and look motheaten, he morning groom does nothing to alleviate the problem, hopefully it will all be out soon, thankfully all my dogs are kenneled.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i've heard some people vacuum their dogs during the shedding season. but seems like some dogs shed year round. or maybe that depends on your climate. its always hot and humid hear in Florida... no matter what time of year, there's going to be a warm humid spell, so the dogs are forever shedding!

except the terrier..... she has one those "non shedding" type coats lol

Im just after a bit of info about alaunts and bull crosses (the more bully type!)

What is the main way that they are bred? What is the bull or mastiff blood in them?

My folks have just got a dobermann, and her guarding instinct is fantastic. How would an alaunt compare? Do they naturally guard? Are they aloof with strangers?

I have seen a few different pics of alaunts on here and also 3/4 bull 1/4 greyhound type crosses which look a nice dog.

Im not looking to get one, just gathering information. I am a bully person which is why im asking about this breed, had staffys and EBT before and loved them but they had poor guarding instincts which is something i would look for in a future dog.

Any info appreciated,

Many thanks

Gaz

if you look up www.thebritishalauntsociety.moonfruit.com you will see the dogs used in the breeding i have 3 alaunts all have a natural personal guarding instinct and one will also guard property and you could say he is very very aloof with people outside his family nobody goes into my back garden this lad is dreaming of zap and brigg off this site :whistling:STA60312-1.jpg

lol cheers mate ,as long as the big fella lying there dreaming i,m happy ,but in answer to the guys post i think scotsman zues is a great example of what you are looking for the dog is intelligent athletic,very good with people kids and other dogs but at the same time i would not dare wander into his garden without scotsman or his misses there ,well scotsman anyway as if i was to be alone in the garden with his misses i dare say it would not be the dogs only chasing me lol :clapper:

lol cheers mate ,as long as the big fella lying there dreaming i,m happy ,but in answer to the guys post i think scotsman zues is a great example of what you are looking for the dog is intelligent athletic,very good with people kids and other dogs but at the same time i would not dare wander into his garden without scotsman or his misses there ,well scotsman anyway as if i was to be alone in the garden with his misses i dare say it would not be the dogs only chasing me lol :clapper:

oh really !! :crazy: :vava:

Thanks again to all who have continued posting on this thread.

Does anyone have any connections with the british alaunt society? They seem to be having problems with the site and i was wondering if another site has been set up or if any similar sites are running?

Cheers

Gaz