i was just wundering .... ?

what should i line the floor with if anything in this run ?? people have told me to put a few logs and branches in as itll cost a bomb keep useing sawdust .. or was it a bad idea building the floor ?? tell me what yas think please :victory:

post-17660-1213999811_thumb.jpg

what should i line the floor with if anything in this run ?? people have told me to put a few logs and branches in as itll cost a bomb keep useing sawdust .. or was it a bad idea building the floor ?? tell me what yas think please :victory:

Cheap Linoleum will make a decent floor that's easy to clean remember what ever you put in as in logs and branches etc.. you'll want to be able to take out to do a thorough clean now and then...

thing yas might be right with lino like never realli thought of it ... and ano had couple down my alotment last year and the were digging a secret tunnel out of there run under the grass little buggers lol .. and as for the flags wudnt be to keen putting then on the little hil or digging the hill out lol

so tack it down, although you'll end up with condensation between the lino and floor, eventually rotting the base, maybe at a later date, remove the base and set it in concrete, that can be hosed down

so tack it down, although you'll end up with condensation between the lino and floor, eventually rotting the base, maybe at a later date, remove the base and set it in concrete, that can be hosed down

Yes you'll need to do some tacking in the corners...

The only reason for the lino is otherwise your wood will rot quicker in the toilet areas... amazing how quick urine decomposes wood!

i agree here with Stubby too... ideally later on put it on concrete.. SOOO much easier to clean out properly!

Use a litter tray just put it where they poo and put some poo in it and they will continue to use it,i have 3 litter trays in my court on a flagged floor and is dead easy to clean,empty out the trays and a quick brush up of spilled saw dust.You do want to put a slab down to help keep their claws short,even in a hutch i put a piece down between their sleeping quaters and the run so they are allways running over it,if not skateboard grip tape is really good,self sticky and sticks to anything.

heya all

was just reading through posts, prob abit late :icon_redface: , you were saying saw dust would cost a fortune? i get bales of shavings from my local farmers shop for a £5 last for donkeys!! only replace the wet stuff say monday to fri and come saturday and its bogging replace the lot, be surprised how much shavings is actually in a bale.

Jim