dog found hanged

There was a spate of greyhound shootings here a while back dogs surplus to requirements and old dogs to old to run...just not right!

I know there are a few greyhound trainers on here and rocking the boat is the last thing I want to do as i'm not anti greyhound racing in the slightest and I know the majority of trainers do a sterling job but the NGRC need to take a bit more responsibility for retired dogs or dogs that don't make the grade.

My bitch was fairly heavily raced and from what I have been told was a fairly good dog and raced out her career until retirement, my dog however has never seen a track, he didn't even make puppy trials as he wouldn't chase. IMO if these dogs can't be rehomed sometimes its better to have them PTS rather than some of the horrific things that happen but maybe some measures should be taken with the breeding. Far too many are bred each year and i'm not daft enough to take Greyhound Actions numbers as gospel but the numbers of greys each year being bred and the numbers either not making the track or retiring just don't tally with the homes available.

I've had the oppourtunity to visit a couple of training kennels and they were amazing, nothing like the GA press releases would like us all to believe but I know some trainers will bring a bad name to the industry unfortunately.

There was a spate of greyhound shootings here a while back dogs surplus to requirements and old dogs to old to run...just not right!

I know there are a few greyhound trainers on here and rocking the boat is the last thing I want to do as i'm not anti greyhound racing in the slightest and I know the majority of trainers do a sterling job but the NGRC need to take a bit more responsibility for retired dogs or dogs that don't make the grade.

My bitch was fairly heavily raced and from what I have been told was a fairly good dog and raced out her career until retirement, my dog however has never seen a track, he didn't even make puppy trials as he wouldn't chase. IMO if these dogs can't be rehomed sometimes its better to have them PTS rather than some of the horrific things that happen but maybe some measures should be taken with the breeding. Far too many are bred each year and i'm not daft enough to take Greyhound Actions numbers as gospel but the numbers of greys each year being bred and the numbers either not making the track or retiring just don't tally with the homes available.

I've had the oppourtunity to visit a couple of training kennels and they were amazing, nothing like the GA press releases would like us all to believe but I know some trainers will bring a bad name to the industry unfortunately.

In my experience it is the backstreet owners who are mostly at fault some own 5 - 6 dogs and run them for a season or two if they pick up an injury its a cartridge to the head instead of an expensive vet bill.

Disgusting :censored: Sadly, this is a common occurance in Spain. Greys brought over from here or Galgos there are routinely hung when they're surplus to requirements. If the dog has a been a good hunter they hang them with their feet off the ground so they die quickly. If they've not been so good, they are hung with their toes touching the ground so it takes them longer to die. I've seen the photos, read the stories, and it makes me sick.

It boggles my mind how people can be so thoroughly depraved. If people will do that do an animal, what will they do to a human if the fancy takes them?

And Gordon Brown still insists that the UK would be better with eve closer links to Europe - F**k that I say! Bunch of savages!!!