• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

had my first peak at mine tonight too, looks like there are some bews, i'v always wanted one !!! fingers crossed...they havnt opened there eyes yet but i'm sure they gonna be bews

Many did she have mate?

had my first peak at mine tonight too, looks like there are some bews, i'v always wanted one !!! fingers crossed...they havnt opened there eyes yet but i'm sure they gonna be bews

Many did she have mate?

she normally has 10 or 11 but there is only 7 this year

Many did she have mate?

she normally has 10 or 11 but there is only 7 this year

Lucky you i got 14 to contend with :wallbash: lol

On closer inspection this morning i have noticed a prob.One of the kits has no back foot.Never seen this before.I dont know if it has been this way or if the jill maybe did it.Guess what im asking is should i give it the coup de grace or will it manage?I have never seen a ferret without a back foot so i have no idea how they manage.I dont relish the fact if it needs to be culled.

If it was me i'd knock it on the head it could probably live all its life out in a hutch without aggrivating the stump where the foot should be .but thats no live for a ferret who should be running about all the time

I'd cull the deformed one personally, but that's me. Nice looking litter there, you beat me by 4! :laugh:

I wish i hadn't lol Never mind got homes for a few and i will keep what dont go.Now i feel bad i gonna have to chap the wee one on the head. :thumbdown:

I'd cull the deformed one personally, but that's me. Nice looking litter there, you beat me by 4! :laugh:

I wish i hadn't lol Never mind got homes for a few and i will keep what dont go.Now i feel bad i gonna have to chap the wee one on the head. :thumbdown:

I wouldn't like to have to do it either, I don't envy you pal. :no:

Ferrets do ok minus a foot or leg for that matter , let nature deal with it, it wont survive if theres some major problem other than the foot , if it survives i am sure you wont have a problem finding a home fir it

Ferrets do ok minus a foot or leg for that matter , let nature deal with it, it wont survive if theres some major problem other than the foot , if it survives i am sure you wont have a problem finding a home fir it

I totally understand what your saying,and if i thought i would get a home for it.I would not be even considering the deed.However i only know hunting ppl and i dont any hunting lads who would take a ferret with no foot,I know i wouldnt.

This isnt one of my best saturdays thats for sure.

Animals with a disability like that never have a shortage off people who will give them good home, i know a bloke who does a rescue in scotland maybe he csn take it

i can see from your point its a dead loss basically but if its only the foot i would salvage it

Animals with a disability like that never have a shortage off people who will give them good home, i know a bloke who does a rescue in scotland maybe he csn take it

i can see from your point its a dead loss basically but if its only the foot i would salvage it

Well i just checked them all i have 7jills and 8hobs.All healthy.And my left foot is looking healthy as the rest.In fact the wee white one in the pic pushing his head above the rest is the one.Well kay culling is the last thing i wanna do,so if you get in touch with him i will keep the little one for him.Incidentally i have pix of my court i bult and the father of the kits but i dunno how to shrink the pix to under 500k anyone know?

Well i just checked them all i have 7jills and 8hobs.All healthy.And my left foot is looking healthy as the rest.In fact the wee white one in the pic pushing his head above the rest is the one.Well kay culling is the last thing i wanna do,so if you get in touch with him i will keep the little one for him.Incidentally i have pix of my court i bult and the father of the kits but i dunno how to shrink the pix to under 500k anyone know?

:) i will contact him :)

:) i will contact him :)

Thanks kay :victory: anything to shelf the other option.