Midges - a discussion on how to keep them away

Guest JohnGalway

Try some neem oil.

Works a treat, even stopped me getting eating alive in the jungles of Belize. Doesn't smell too god but what the hell, you're going to stink anyway.

Cheers

Dave

I use Avon cream & thinking obout it i havent been bitten :)

I tried this stuff by the F king bucket full, smothered from head to toe, guess what!!!!!!! yep, still got bit by the little :censored: ers.

Try some neem oil.

Works a treat, even stopped me getting eating alive in the jungles of Belize. Doesn't smell too god but what the hell, you're going to stink anyway.

Cheers

Dave

Don't suppose you have a site/shop name where this can be purchased Dave ???

Cheers

Coney.

Don't shower or wear deodorant, use shampoo etc on the day you're going out. Don't know if you can get Muskoil in the UK, but it seems to work a treat. Stinks to high heaven tho. We used to use it on us and the dogs when we were out in the bush back home. You think your midges are bad, try creeping around in the woods in Canada this time of year - you will get EATEN ALIVE. Mosquitos, black fly, deer fly .... can't go out without full net gear on and coated in repellant.

The midges here don't seem too interested in me thankfully. For the first couple of years I lived here I didn't know they were biters :tongue2:

The best thing I have found is brewers yeast, either in tablet (stinks) or in beer. drink enough and it makes your blood smell. Tablets work quicker - within a week midges, ticks, fleas, etc. wont come near you. Works with dogs as well!

Guest bigredbusa
The midges here don't seem too interested in me thankfully.
i can bite if you want ;)

yep as what has been said avon and eat garlic , heard on the radio recently not to wear blue aswell