Work in progress

Went for a wander yesterday between showers and thought I'd take the camera with me.

George is coming on a treat. Hes 8months on the 8th June and is now 25.5"tts. Hes a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 bull. He retrieves excellently, stays to 100yards (not tried any further), waits to 100 yards until I call him and is learning to jump nicely. Very keen at retrieving and finding him a pleasure to train.

I keep him interested by varying his routine between retrieving, jumping, staying, waiting, retrieving over obstacles and finding in cover/grass. He seems to enjoy it as much as me.

Roll on start of season.

post-6049-1212139141_thumb.jpg

post-6049-1212139161_thumb.jpg

post-6049-1212139179_thumb.jpg

post-6049-1212139197_thumb.jpg

post-6049-1212139218_thumb.jpg

post-6049-1212139240_thumb.jpg

Awesome looking dog mate. All the best with him!

Well it gets better and better. Since the escapade with my last dog and sheep I was very paranoid about the same happening again, so I've been showing him for quite a while now but not let him loose. So today with him coming on well and showing no signs of interest I though why not.

So we enter the field in question and I let him off and immediately produce his favourite tennis ball and immediately have his undivided attention. So off I set walking with him staright towards the sheep and still hes only got eyes for me. So I walk right through them and not one bit of interest in them in the slightest. Great I thought.

So I head down to the bottom of the field where theres no sheep and begin to get him retrieving the ball with no problems at all so slowly work my way back towards the sheep, all the time getting closer and closer and still no interest. The last retrieve he did was straight through the middle of them and not one bit of interest even in the ones moving off. Im so pleased and relieved as I was unbeleivably paranoid about the same happening as last time.

Roll on next season!

a stunning animal even though i wouldnt be a great bull/greyhound fan,hes showing intelligence and i hope you have a top class worker on your hands,best wishes with your new dog.