God what have i done wrong

Well as quick as she went very distresed , she has now walked from the crate, stretched tail wagging & dived her head in the peddle bin looking for food as though nothing happened , so after mithering me to the point of a bloody breakdown she appears fine :yes:

I will watch her for the rest off the day & make sure she dosent start coughing or get any worse

Thanks for the replies & advice everyone, much appreciated :thumbs:

sounds like she's had a mild concussion, maybe banged into your terrier

or something when she's been running...same thing happend to my bitch after chasing a rabbit, she became very sluggish about 15mins or so after the chase and had to be lifted back to the car but she recovered on the way home.

Well as quick as she went very distresed , she has now walked from the crate, stretched tail wagging & dived her head in the peddle bin looking for food as though nothing happened , so after mithering me to the point of a bloody breakdown she appears fine :yes:

I will watch her for the rest off the day & make sure she dosent start coughing or get any worse

Thanks for the replies & advice everyone, much appreciated :thumbs:

sounds like she's had a mild concussion, maybe banged into your terrier

or something when she's been running...same thing happend to my bitch after chasing a rabbit, she became very sluggish about 15mins or so after the chase and had to be lifted back to the car but she recovered on the way home.

the only sympoms if you like was the panting & the fact she was very slow & kept stopping , she didnt attempt to lie down & her legs didnt give way under her , she wasnt limping , what allerted me was she looked like she was going to throwup so i quickly removed the muzzle & loosened the collar .

Other than that she didnt show any other signs, i checked her gums & they were nice & pink still, i honestly dont know if this dog tires really quickly , we deliberatly made sure she had just a couple of quick runs no more than seconds actuall running & then she was put back on the lead again , she seemed happy to trott along side the terrier who is impossible to tire , other than that she rolled in the grass a few times & seemed perfectly ok untill we got back onto the path

well before all this kerfuffle with the dog i managed to get a couple of pics of her then the batterys died :laugh:

318601578.jpg

She isnt keen on the camera flash so looks away when the camera comes out , so its dificult to get a nice pic off her now even when the flash isnt needed :laugh:

Perhaps she had to take a shite really bad. My dogs will pant like mad when they have to go. Sometimes they get uncomfortable and dont find a good place to releave themslelves and just stand there panting.

Also isnt panting one of the beginning indications of 'gastric torsion'?

Edited by cúagusgiorraí
Perhaps she had to take a shite really bad. My dogs will pant like mad when they have to go. Sometimes they get uncomfortable and dont find a good place to releave themslelves and just stand there panting.

Wellshe did a poo at the start off the walk as soon as she got on some grass & whats gastric torsion ?

Wellshe did a poo at the start off the walk as soon as she got on some grass & whats gastric torsion ?

When had she last eaten before you took her out? Never ever let her run or jump with food in the stomach. It could kill her.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...st&p=295999

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastric_torsion

When had she last eaten before you took her out? Never ever let her run or jump with food in the stomach. It could kill her.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...st&p=295999

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastric_torsion

Thanks for the links , very usefull for the future, she was fed around 5 hrs before i walked her :thumbs:

IF YOU WANT TO GET WATER IN A DOG FAST , ADD A SMALL AMOUNT OF MILK TO IT , PERHAPS JUST A 1/4 OF A CUP TO PINT OF WATER , MINE WILL DRINK THIS DOWN IN ONE GO . OR THE WATER OF BOILED UP RABBITS , THAT GOES DOWN AS WELL..

I ALSO REMEMBER SOCKS MENTIONING SOMTHING ABOUT HEART WORM, A FEW WEEKS BACK. CHECK THAT OUT AS WELL

If she had been bitten or stung wouldnt she have hypersalivated , there was no sighns off that when she panted, but she is back to normal now

So the lessons i have learned are take water with me on walks incase it happens again & i will look at heartworm & then take it from there & get it treated if thats what it is

Thanks to everyone for the valuable advice its much appreciated :notworthy:

my bet shes was stung by a wasp probably a queen for a dog her size, i'm a pest controller and been stung a few times, i get heavy breathing, and feel woozy, i have to sit down and feel very sluggish like i have no energy, very lathargic for about half an hour. I'd put a lot of money on it being a sting!! The problem with stings is they have a high residual toxicity, as in it stays in the body fats for many years therefore the more you get stung the worse the effective, i used to have no reaction, i have to take antihistamine as every day of the wasp season or as soon as i'm stung, the other option is an epipen to stop the anaphalatic shock if your concerned for the dogs safety and sounds like she reacts badly its worth talking to vet for your options