plummer terriers

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ooty
All you Plummerphiles had better watch out at your anual prance round at the Midland..........rumour is that Cammoman is comming with his merciless sword of justice to do away with all you showponys.........Keep em peeled!
oi knob head,your on the wrong plummer thred,join ours,its for people who like plummers but hate each other,wouldnt sharpen that sword to much though,your gona look funny with it stuck up ypur arselike a proper queen :big_boss::toast::feck: Edited by ooty
Fireman why take the thought i'm having a go, all i'm saying is that if the big boys cant rid their dogs of faults how on earth do you expect perfection to happen in plummers, it just wont, accept that its a developing breed that carries faults common in every dog breed and thats the first step. The next one is to realise many people can contribute to the future of the breed and indeed if it to have a future need to, as i see it its dead in the water and will continue to be so while we have so many prima donnas, -hence the ptcgb having a restructure the end of the year, it makes sense to me, but anyway thats digressing - btw its tim you are speaking to ,anyway jmi how many litters have you bred? As for accidents dont happen, if not there would never be car crashes, or people getting run over accidents do happen fact!!! accept it, try to avoid them but never say never , life isnt like that

there is no such thing as accidents. its called human error . (fact).

call it what you want mate, accidents do happen, all we can do is deal with 'em and move on, not dwell on the what if's , only's or live in the past

accidents dont happen. what we sould do is try to avoid human error. only { if } was a donky we would all have a ride.

Guest oldskool

im experienced enough to realise that the dog in the picture is only of limited to use in large setts, and that dog would struggle to get and work its quarry in varying situations in the british isles, to the people who can see faults in the breed the breed will be improved and have a great future :thumbs: if it was left to an idiot like you it wouldnt

not meaning to butt in an defend plummers or take sides but in true fairness, that comment could go towards any breed of terrier... i've had a few over large patts and a few under sized ones too

I have seen several decent Plummers work to ground.Excellent noses and stick to the task until the job is done.Bill Mossman used to be a hunt terrierman and his main terriers were Plummers.If from the right lines as good as anything else.It amazes me how some people can look at a picture of a dog and slate it as a worker.It just shows their lack of experience.Many times I have seen the most hideous looking terriers out perform the stunners on the day.

im experienced enough to realise that the dog in the picture is only of limited to use in large setts, and that dog would struggle to get and work its quarry in varying situations in the british isles, to the people who can see faults in the breed the breed will be improved and have a great future :thumbs: if it was left to an idiot like you it wouldnt

The older Plummer lines were of a much better size for earthwork.I prefer a smaller type of terrier as a larger type of dog in my area is of very limited use.But as oldskool says this can be said of all breeds.There are a lot of coloured terriers around that are very limited to their use.Having said that I have seen some larger dogs succeed where smaller dogs have failed but it all depends on the situation at the time.I can see the faults in the breed.A lot of welknown strains of terrier from back in the 70's and 80's have for some reason got bigger and bigger and in my opinion are now too big to be of regular use.To call me an idiot after reading one post is a very foolish statement.I have seen many Plummers work to ground,how many have you?I can see a great many faults in the breed.A lot of the Plummers that I have seen in the last few years have been too big for regular work.I also think that the recent infusion of Bull into the breed will do nothing to help matters.

Edited by Moorman 1
Guest 10/22
I have seen several decent Plummers work to ground.Excellent noses and stick to the task until the job is done.Bill Mossman used to be a hunt terrierman and his main terriers were Plummers.If from the right lines as good as anything else.It amazes me how some people can look at a picture of a dog and slate it as a worker.It just shows their lack of experience.Many times I have seen the most hideous looking terriers out perform the stunners on the day.

The older Plummer lines were of a much better size for earthwork.I prefer a smaller type of terrier as a larger type or dog in my area is of very limited use.But as oldskool says this can be said of all breeds.There are a lot of colourd terriers around that are very limited to their use.Having said that I have seen some larger dogs succeed where smaller dogs have failed but it all depends on the situation at the time.I can see the faults in the breed.A lot of welknown strains of terrier from back in the 70's and 80's have for some reason got bigger and bigger and in my opinion are now too big to be of regular use.To call me an idiot after reading one post is a very foolish statement.I have seen many Plummers work to ground,how many have you?I can see a great many faults in the breed.A lot of the Plummers that I have seen in the last few years have been too big for regular work.I also think that the recent infusion of Bull into the breed will do nothing to help matters.

Its ok thinking the bull blood did no good you have to see the results really both in the flesh and out in the field to make any kind of valid judgement dont you think?

Well fireman? enlighten us as to what you have bred then and what results you had, you do plenty spouting about whats right or wrong , surely this comes from experience both of breeding and within the Plummer terriers you keep - doesnt it ?

before you start spouting remember you and your woman have done more damage

in alianating working plummer terriers then brain plummer did.

the breed is f****d, look at the latest shows( it was always your window, to people to see the breed).

the dogs there are substandard, ok one or two are ok, but the breeds going backwards.

i will admit its not just your problem, people are breeding for money still or because pups sell easly.

looking for a strong WORKING stud dog to use over a bitch is a joke, most are tiny, weedy and couldnt push a fox hard.

you have bred stuff that has got the size down but ive seen several that at 11" and built like fat rats are just too weak to dig too.

so wanted 13"+ strong stud dog that works fox...........

Guest 10/22

Oh dear jamie, you just dont move on, draw a line underneat it all for once. Just to give you a note, i have here a todd /jake bitch which was passed on to us as she was suposedly too hard , shes a lovely bitch, probably one of the softest we have and definatley one of the worst workers on the yard- yes we tried her!, if it wasnt for her blood she would be well gone just like her sire, dam and grandsire - just telling it as it is, she is a show bitch nothing more.