Dog Killed By Fox ??

heard of one that had an unlucky bite to the side of the neck under the ear, had killed it's fox but was dead when dug to. Otherwise the dog was barely marked and had been a decent dog for about 1/2 season

I am glad to say I havent lost a dog to a fox. But know of, and have heard of, quite a few terriers being lost to ground in persuit of the fox. And 1 or 2 actually being killed directly by the fox.

Same with lurchers. Much more likely dying accidentally in persuit of the fox.

Guest silenthunter

:victory:

I have never heard of a dog being killed by a fox. Has anyone ever heard of a dog being killed by a fox ? :whistling:

never heard of that mate asked my ,mates and there never nown off that unless there was a cupple of cubs down the earth and the vixen and dog was down there vixen with cubs what a nightmare

I have lost two terriers on different occasions through suffocation, and a friend had an 18 month old lakeland type that was so badly damaged by a fox on a shelf that it was incapable of working again. All 25 yrs or so ago.

SEEN A DVD WHERE 3 LURCHERS COULDN'T FINISH A FOX . LOOKED AS IF THE FOX HAD BEEN RELEASED DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO RUN SO STOOD ITS GROUND AS BEST IT COULD THE DOGS JUST DIDN'T HAVE IT IN THEM SAME AS THE HEE HAW BRIGADE THAT OWNED THEM.

havent had one killed by a fox myself dug down to a fox locked on a loctor collar twisted chokeing the terrier but got there on time thankfully not to deep.have a friend who had to put down little russel cause fox had snaped its top jaw

Also seen this (snapped jaw) i mean mate.. Not a dog called brian by any chance..

havent had one killed by a fox myself dug down to a fox locked on a loctor collar twisted chokeing the terrier but got there on time thankfully not to deep.have a friend who had to put down little russel cause fox had snaped its top jaw

Also seen this (snapped jaw) i mean mate.. Not a dog called brian by any chance..

no mate was a bitch. not very fond of useing snipy nose terriers myself like strong heads on terriers.