Puppy run over!

Yep, my 1yr old jack russel puppy was mown down on the main road out side my house.

My sister was walking both dogs at the field just beside my house, as she came back out on to the pavement, the dog stepped out on to the road, which looked clear, as the pavement is just not wide enough due to a neighbours bush over hanging the path, a car doing about 45 in a 30 hit her, snapped the lead and sent her about 30ft up the road.

We had a knock on the door from our neighbours explaining this and so naturally i went running up the road to find my dog in the arms of my sister, drenched in blood and shaking like a leaf, but sitting up and alert. When she saw me her eyes lit up and tail started wagging, so good signs!

Anyway the point of all this in depth story is that i asked who hit her, as it wasnt the driver who knocked on our door.... my neighbours had told him to leave the scene! I naturally got annoyed by this and expressed this, ok so my language wasnt great but i didnt expect the response. The lady piped up that if i didnt take my dog to the vets she would be reporting me to the police! She has a bit of an issue with me because she knows i am in to my hunting etc and she feels that the dogs are treated badly... which made me very angry as the dogs are pretty much my life and best companions. Anyway, i responded badly, grabbed my dog which she had been refusing to hand over, told her to go f**k her self and who did she think i was not taking my dog to the vets and walked off to her shouting that she was going to report me to the police, rspca and get the police involved with me as i was using threatening behaviour!

Anyway, thankfully the dog is fine after an operation and 10 stitches to her lip and a nice £500 bill as it was a sunday night at 10pm!

The vet was also annoyed as she recieve a phone call from the police switch board checking up that my dog was in the vets! They had rung 999 to report my behaviour!

Anyway, rant over, and at least the dog is ok. She whines alot and is on pain killers and cant do anything for 14 days but the morning after the accident when i picked her up she was straight in the garden under the shed hunting for rats!

Image003.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image00a.jpg

Edited by .Joe

whats up with folk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good on ya joe.........standing your ground was the right thing to do.

beautiful pup...............hope shes on the mend.......and recovers fully

all the best mate

sean

Lucky escape that mate, sound looking dog there.

The actions of your neighbours has wound me up - WTF did they think they were doing telling the driver to leave? Isn't that aiding & abetting or whatever it's called?

Sounds like your neighbours shouldn't be allowed out without supervision!

she probably told the driver to leave to cause YOU damage. she knew he would probably pay for the thing himself. but since you're a big bad animal killer and dog abuser YOU need to be the one thats punished.

i know people like that..... i try to avoid them as best i can....

anyway glad your pup is on the mend! when i read the title and first half of the post i was afraid she didnt make it!! especially with your sister drenched in blood!

and at least it wasnt your sister that got hit! how terrible would that have been!

Edited by BlueCoyote

i'm sure he wants to do more than report her..... would it even do any good? maybe file a report against her for her own animal abuse. this dude was speeding and could have hit more than the dog and he got away with it because she let him!

sorry to hear about the pup

Quote/// , as the pavement is just not wide enough due to a neighbours bush over hanging the path, a car doing about 45 in a 30 hit her, snapped the lead and sent her about 30ft up the road. I'd go take pics of the overhanging bush then report them, saying it could have been a child or oldage pensioner who had to step out into the road because of the bush, try suing to cowbag and getting your vets bill paid back

Guest JohnGalway

Play her at her own game. If you've an alright history with the police (not saying you don't) I'd have them look into her telling the driver to leave. OK in policing terms it's not a triple murder, but fight fire with fire. I'd also ring your local council and complain about her hedge obstructing a public footpath. I'd also get nosey and complain about anything else that she has that's out of order. Don't do anything daft, that will just hurt you ok, like the old saying goes don't get mad, get even by reporting her ;) Won't be so nice when offical folks turn up on her doorstep or start ringing her or sending letters.

People like that annoy the f**k out of me.

Glad to hear your pup is ok :thumbs:

Yep, my 1yr old jack russel puppy was mown down on the main road out side my house.

Anyway the point of all this in depth story is that i asked who hit her, as it wasnt the driver who knocked on our door.... my neighbours had told him to leave the scene!

Anyway, i responded badly, grabbed my dog which she had been refusing to hand over

So they took charge of an accident scene which had nothing to do with them and perverted the outcome, and they attempted to abduct your dog which delayed the proper attention from a vet.

I would be talking to the cops. As far as I can see they are at least morally way over the line - all youv'e done is throw a few f**ks their way which surely is nothing compared to their actual involvement in an accident involving livestock and interfering with livestock. At least even the score on the cops records.

Failing that lots of plastic sheet, iron bar, freezer, wood chipper.