Act of Stupidity

Could not believe our eyes driving home last night after a few hours out at the rabbits with the spaniels. Driving along the B979 which is a very busy local road we came uphill to a long straight. Both of us at the same time spotted something up ahead quite large and dark coloured dragging itself across the road, both of us at first thought biker, crashed and dragging himself onto the verge as that road is very busy and fast, so I slowed down, as we got closer couldn't see anything at the side of the road, no vehicles, so thought as the area is known for them it could have been a big black cat that was hit and dragged itself off, slowed right down at the spot and looked left spotted 2 roe deer in the park on the left and a stalker lying on the grass verge !!!!!! . :censored:

In this day and age where we are constantly fighting to retain the rights to carry out our sports and you get this ****** person dragging himself across a main road with camo gear and his big rifle to take a shot at the deer from the verge !!!!!! I was fuming, we turned the car a bit further on to drive back and get his details, but he had hotfooted it back to his Jeep parked a bit further up and down one of the farm tracks and was gone. :wallbash:

Dragging yourself across a main road commando style is bad enough but attempting a shot from the verge of a main road !!! thats surely illegal ? not to mention how bad it looks to anti and non-shooting people. Must have been us slowing down that had spooked the deer thankfully.

Nicola

Guest bigredbusa

yes illegal to shoot that close to a road , reminds me of a guy i once knew who fought in the falklands , he was never the same after , he got a rifle and called the police and told them there was a sniper in the local park he then laid in wait and gave the local police the run around for hours in his guillie suit and camo'd up face lol.

In this day and age where we are constantly fighting to retain the rights to carry out our sports and you get this ****** person dragging himself across a main road with camo gear and his big rifle to take a shot at the deer from the verge !!!!!! I was fuming, we turned the car a bit further on to drive back and get his details, but he had hotfooted it back to his Jeep parked a bit further up and down one of the farm tracks and was gone. :wallbash:

Nicola

Hindsight is an amazing thing but this illegal action should have been reported to the police as soon as you drove by - going back to tackle a person armed who probably did not even have permission to be in any of the fields either side of the road could have caused you physical harm.

I would have dialed 999 stating there was an armed person in camo wandering along the road - in the interests of public safety they would have had to send a swat team - after all, the rest of us don't want to be tarred with the same brush by the non shooting public.

Peter

Under section 161 of the highways act 1980 in England and Wales it is an offence without lawful authority or excuse to discharge any firearm within 50 feet of the centre of the highway and in consequence of which a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered. ( What the law is in Scotland i don't know)

In Scotland, it is a crime at common law to discharge a firearm anywhere in a culpable and reckless manner even though no actual injury is caused.The essence of this crime is the wanton disregard for the saftey of others.

Rolfe.

know that road well too

some cracking roe ground there not far fae me either unfortunatley i dont have any of it.....which in all likely hood that twat didnt have any permission either and was poaching!!!

pity you hadnt got hold of him

sauer