Oldest active hunter

Guest greengrass123

Guest greengrass123

Little survey id like to run. A mate of mine has just made it to 75 hes been ferreting , fishing , lamping,poaching, for 65 years still as keen as hell, and a wealth of knowledge, theres no substitute for experience. Great bloke never moans about the weather when your out in the field. Comes out with some classic one liners, [example] Local idiot in the pub came up to us bragging how his dog had coursed and killed a hare after a 5 minute course, whilst retreiving it another jumped out of its form dog goes after it and after another 5 minutes manages to kill it , pure bullshit. Colin sat there with a wry smile on his face, and said the only hare that dogs ever caught is one up its nose when its been sniffing another dogs arse. I couldnt talk for laughing after that.Any of you guys know someone like that. :victory:

Unfortunately one of the best has just passed away,

Fred J Taylor, as im sure you know, dies on the 7th of May at the age of 89 having ferreted, fished and shot all of his life and apparently up until the last few days of his life. Some fieldsports career eh?

SS

the old boy who tought me the values of field craft was still activley poaching at 74 till a stroke saw him spending the last yr of his life in hospital. a true gent and like sporting shooter has just said, with each of the old schools passing the hunting world becomes a far cry from what it once was.

i have a friend in cannock that 66 is fitter than most 18 year olds he still has dogs out mooching everyday bikes 20 miles 3 times a week and still runs his own fencing business doing most the hard work himself he has left me behind afew times on the cannock chase :thumbs:

there is a old fella in essington near cannock who is 78 fit as fek still gets out ferreting plus dose his green houses and garden and has around 60 foul plus geese had a lurcher till a few years ago that he still lamped one hell of a nice bloke to if your reading this george keep it up mate good luck have to shout he is a bit deaf :icon_eek::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I ferret regularly with an old boy of 76, he refuses to drive across the land even though we have a jeep.

I always get the privilage of carrying the gear and the rabbits and always get the shady side of the hedge when its cold or the side that gets the rain.

I am often called 'the apprentice' and im nearly 50!

crafty old git