Here's picture of a Piebald Roe buck, shot this morning in Fife by a Danish client.

From what I've heard it's more common in Does, but this is one of only a handful of such bucks shot in the UK

2467479348_acb921e18d_b.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Not out to split hairs but; Isn't that a Skewbald? Skewbalds are - to my knowledge - brown and white. 'Piebald' is black and white. I have quite an obsession with Piebald things myself.

Either way, weird enough looking thing.

You are correct DS, I guess we learn something new every day! :victory:

Here is a quote I found from a web page on the topic,

Piebald horses or ponies are black and white, while skewbald is any other color and white.

Cheers,

Mark.

Here's picture of a Piebald Roe buck, shot this morning in Fife by a Danish client.

From what I've heard it's more common in Does, but this is one of only a handful of such bucks shot in the UK

Cheers,

Mark.

hi mark nice looking buck i shot a doe myself in november but it was a lot more whiter than that it allso ad a white head that is the second one to come out of fife this year could well be that it came from the doe you never know

Hi Alan,

This Buck came from ground near an estate where there are 2 Does with this condition, they've been there for a few years now and won't be shot. I've been told it can skip several generations then reappear like many other genetic conditions. Kind of like a dark haired couple having a ginger kid! :icon_eek:

Mark.

Cheers,

Mark.

If I was lucky enough to grass a buck like that, I would be tempted to have the whole lot set up. Any idea how much a full body mount would cost?

There has been a few letters over the past few months in Shooting Times discussing roe with white markings, both to the face and body. Perhaps they are more common than people think. Now has anyone come across a true black roe, or are they a bit of a myth??

If I was lucky enough to grass a buck like that, I would be tempted to have the whole lot set up. Any idea how much a full body mount would cost?

Taxidermy of a whole roe deer would be about £1500. Kinda reasonable as it makes a pretty large ornament!