SPOKE TO ME BRO LAST NIGHT ONE VIA SUBMISION IN THE SECOND ROUND TRIANGLE WAS PLEASED AS HE HAD TRIED THE TRIANGLE A FAIR BIT ON HIS TRAINING BUDDY NOT SURE WHAT HE WAS FIGHTING IN LAST NIGHT CANT REMEMBER JUST THOUGHT SOME WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT COMP WAS HE FIGHTING IN FR OR SIMOMAN MIGHT KNOW???????

SPOKE TO ME BRO LAST NIGHT ONE VIA SUBMISION IN THE SECOND ROUND TRIANGLE WAS PLEASED AS HE HAD TRIED THE TRIANGLE A FAIR BIT ON HIS TRAINING BUDDY NOT SURE WHAT HE WAS FIGHTING IN LAST NIGHT CANT REMEMBER JUST THOUGHT SOME WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT COMP WAS HE FIGHTING IN FR OR SIMOMAN MIGHT KNOW???????

what does he do mate?is it mmr,ufc type of fighting my mate does cage fighting

Well, I post this with heavy fingers ... Jay lost the final Sunday night, but it wasn't his opponent that defeated him, it was the "third man" in the ring, the ref. For those who don't know, Jay competes in Amateur Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), the organization that was putting on this tournament was the ISCF. They promised scouts from the pro organizations out there like the UFC, IFL, BoDog, EliteXC, and 3 other major organizations. We never saw any scouts but assume they probably try to remain pretty incognito. Of course maybe they weren't even there?

4 guys didn't show (2 to injury, 2 to weight) in the Open 155 so their 8 bracket moved to 4. We left the venue at 6 expecting a 4-man bracket the next day, but all of a sudden there at the evening meeting was a 5th fighter whom we never saw weigh in. He was in the sauna with Jay and had 8 pounds to go in less than 2 hours. He weighed in at 6:30pm or so, 30 minutes after weigh ins offically closed. WTF??? Anyway, Jay was the #1 seed so he had the opportunity to watch the other fighters first round on Saturday afternoon. So he saw Edwin Cabuz' obviously well trained kickboxing skills and the fact that he basically KO'd his fighter with a leg kick (dude dropped like a rock saying his leg was broken, ref didn't stop it so Edwin finished with strikes) so Jay knew what to expect with him. So Jay's first fight was against a good opponent. After exchanging some strikes and leg kicks, Jay actually shot in and got two perfect double leg taketowns, and that is the first time he had ever done the taking-down in a fight. Of course once he had him down he wasn't quite sure what to do as HE had always been the one on the bottom before! Not having any high school wrestling had been a big obstacle for him, but his new trainer has successfully filled that wjole. So he worked it out, tried for an omaplata but couldn't quite lock it, got stood back up by the ref, ate a massive leg kick with no change of expression, more striking, end of first round. Second round was similar to the first, double leg, full mount, got rolled over, exchange striking on the ground, and was able to transition into a triangle. He had to tell the ref Edwin was out (as he didn't tap), and the ref said "Oh, is he?" and THEN he stopped the fight after Edwin was out cold.

To say that Jay was robbed would be a gross understatement. I am TOTALLY into fighter safety and having "active" ref's, but the ISCF must have a completely different opinion on the matter.

In the finals, both Billy Joplin (one of Jays old opponents) and Jay had the misfortune to have the same ref (who looks like Ron Jeremy +100 pounds by the way), they were fights 11 and 12. I was sitting where I could see Billy, the other fighter, and the ref standing behind them. The ref stood Billy and his opponenet up while Billy had a Kimura locked on. He was sideways against the cage and working his way around (slowly, but he was making progress) and the ref, standing out of position (and in one position only), leaned forward and broke them saying they were being inactive. With he and his corners protesting without breaking, the ref forced them apart and up. About 3 seconds later Billy would have had him tapped, and the other dude knew he'd been given a gift. Billy lost by unanimous decision and his team will admit that the decision was due to the other guys clinch work being stronger than Billys, but if the ref hadn't have erroneously stood them up, it wouldn't have gotten out of the second. So that set the tone for the already booing crowd.

Jays fight in the finals was a heartbreaker for me because I know what he has gone through for training, his nutrition, sleep, etc. He has trained for 5 months for this, and to be robbed like that was unreal. His opponent was the guy who conveniently no one witnessed weighing in, but it's no good objecting after the fact, right? They had an awesome staredown (Jay won that :tongue2: ) and the round started with some strikes that never properly connected, Jay went for some takedowns, more striking, back down, 2 strikes to Jay's face while he was working with both hands for a knee bar, the ref says "protect yourself or I'll stop it", one strike, then the ref was standing them up announcing the oppenent the winner. We look forward to seeing some tape of THAT fight for sure, as well as Billy's. Of course filing a complaint to the same organization that deals with the ref's will likely be useless as how can an organization be trusted to police their own ref's? The crowd booed the decision, it was not a popular call and another example of inept refing IMO.

Jay will probably get on here later to say what he thought, but we wanted to report the results and explain a bit. Thank you so much to the guys who bought shirts and otherwise sent financial assistance, we both truly appreciated the help. We have 3 shirts left, 2 Large and 1 medium, if anyone else wanted any.

second fight on clip (starting about 1 1/2 minutes in) is Edwin Cabuz vs: Jay White, click on "watch in high quality" if the standard won't load, it is at the bottom right of the video.

some pics

139442900210_0_BGTURN.jpg

strike

499832900210_0_BG.jpg

218342900210_0_BG2.jpg

between 1st and 2nd

590442900210_0_BG.jpg

143222900210_0_BG.jpg

triangle

969232900210_0_BG.jpg

yay!

781642900210_0_BG.jpg

150222900210_0_BG3.jpg

you know you're in hicksville when you see this ...

280842900210_0_BG4.jpg

Is the ISCF part of the cambodian midget fighting league? Did they read the karma sutra before entering the ring...

Well done kye you want to try some of them positions on the missus :D

Alright, which one of you weak slimy lily livered disgusting sad little wankers did it?

Fess up. Come out from under your rock. Admit it.

Better yet go hang yourself, I like that idea better.

Grow some bollocks and man (or more likely woman) up.

But LOL at YOU for thinking what you did makes any sort of difference!

Some lovely member on here forwarded my post criticizing the ref's decision and the event in general to the ISCF and they are "considering legal action". For me airing MY perception that the ref and their event was crap? They MUST be joking! At the end of the day it doesn't matter as they are just an amateur organization who has bullied their way to their spot at the "top" of the amateur organizations, and as he's going pro they don't matter anymore. Does Jay care? Not at all. But am I pissed and annoyed? YES.

What sort of person does that? The same sort of person who would grass you up to the RSPCA, your boss, the council, etc.

unreal.

But like I said in another post, watch what info you post online as some f****r with a bone to pick with you, your brother/sister, your mom/dad, your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/whatever can use it against you or them.

It is not knowing who your "enemy" is that gets to me.

Come on, tell us all who you are so you can openly brag about your sad attempt to screw him out of his career.

well done, be proud.

1210643726415.gif