this is all new to me after nearly 30 year in the terrier game i`m thinking of geting my first lurcher :boogie: thrs a lot of rabbits on my permission and with a load of boring winter nights just gone i dont fancy the same next year - so i`m looking to get out with the lamp . so here we go what kind of cross should i be looking for , should i go for a pup to bring on or something thats doin a bit , ? i like the look of beddy x. and saluki x . thanks in advance :thumbs:

Edited by the_stig

Guest manda

depends what you want it for mate, i have a whippet,collie,bull and is excellent on the bunnys everybody is always shocked at his pace but with him having the bull in him he is more than capable of the bigger stuff (not that i have tried it tho, just in theory :whistling: ) definatly try something with collie in though v.good all rounders ;)

scott

if i was you i would go for a collie x greyhound mate eather 1/2x or 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie pup you dont wont other peoples mistakes they will tell you one thing and mean another plus whot you put in to your dog you get the satifaction out of it ,

its your hard work and the 2 ov you can learn together good luck mate

all the best

earthy :thumbs:

this is all new to me after nearly 30 year in the terrier game i`m thinking of geting my first lurcher :boogie:

30 years in the terrier game, and still wondering what lurcher x to get :doh:

i know what i`m looking for ;) nice to get other peoples views :whistling::whistling:

I suppose it comes down to what you want from your dog and what your permissions like. I,ve got a collie/g,hound x wheaten/g,hound, great for the small fields round my way. Also then got a saluki/g,hound x bull,g,hound for the bigger fields over the bridge in england. Helps avoid dissapointment.

What you going for??

this is all new to me after nearly 30 year in the terrier game i`m thinking of geting my first lurcher :boogie: thrs a lot of rabbits on my permission and with a load of boring winter nights just gone i dont fancy the same next year - so i`m looking to get out with the lamp . so here we go what kind of cross should i be looking for , should i go for a pup to bring on or something thats doin a bit , ? i like the look of beddy x. and saluki x . thanks in advance :thumbs:

I have a bettyhoundxcolliehound and she is a good all round bitch and she is very clever i would get my own pup and train her the way u want to. If you buy a old dog it tends to have bad habbits but i would for something with collie in it

stig mate i would get myself a 3 quater bull cross i dont know what type of hunting u do with terriers but after 30 years i dare say u have had a couple of charlie with them. my point being if there is a fair few rabbits about ur groung ur bound to have charlie about as well and why stick to a rabbit dog when u can keep a dog that will do the lot just my opinion