thats what you do a pellet in the head after transfering to a kill cage use a length of 3mm wire ten inches long pass this through the mesh to depress both springs open the door allowing the squirrel to run into the other cage once the door closes remove the kill cage and dispatch :victory: then open and reset the original cage only a fool would attempt to depress the springs with the squirrel still alive with your fingers mind saying that :whistling:i know of some fools who would attemp it only the once though :clapper:

DSCF0216.jpg

DSCF0215.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have bought a cage trap for squirrels but seem to be having a few problems, the bait (nuts) keep disappearing, the trap is not sprung and no sign of anything in the cage?

Any suggestions, could it just be mice pinching the bait and not setting off the trap?

I've set the treadle plate as light as I can without the trap going off at the slightest puff of breeze!

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Ade

mice will take your bait as you have said a useful method is to use three or four hazel nuts put a thin wire through them and wire them from the top of the cage you will catch sqirrels using this bait and mice are not interested in the hard nut shell or you could use accorns as bait when it comes to choice of bait ther are lots of options :victory:

• 4 months later...