Rabbit clearance

personally, i wouldnt bother, unless paid good money.

SHOOTING is obviously well out the question

FERRETING suppose would be okay, but you dont want a ferret leaving a burrow un-noticed and trodding onto the m'way. vehicles doing 70-100mph sometimes more than 100mph.....create a lot of noise, i for one would lose track of whats going on

Using dogs would be a very big no no aswell

But anything you do on a m'way embankment, is fairly risky. As if your standing there, a lot of passing motorist, will tend to see what your upto, rather than looking at the wagon in front of them.

I may be wrong but i thought all motorway embankments were the property of the highways agency, unless it is them that have asked you to clear the rabbits, you may end up with a whole load of bother. :icon_eek:

And like Rabbithunter says, if the cars are looking at you and end up crashing, not good news. :nono:

Seems like a lot of agro to me but if you do go ahead, good luck, :good: let us know how you get on.

Trap the burrows and snares there working 24/7 for you and if its near the motorway they wont stop there cars to lift your traps etc

you never know ;) them anti's will stop at nothing

most motorists don,t even see you , they are looking forward , if they do see you its to late to work out what you are doing, i have worked on road side many times and not had any bother

Most if not all motorway embankments belong to the Highways Agency as already stated. Most of the guys i know that do the rabbit control for the Highways Agency use Talunex or Phostoxin.........if your looking for sport forget it......far too risky.

Rolfe.

most motorists don,t even see you , they are looking forward ,

yes Moley, as a rule of thumb, motorists should be looking ahead. But more often than not, the side of the road, is in your field of vision.

As for you saying you have had no bother over the years, fair enough, i do not have first hand experience of this, i was just speaking, theoretical (spelling?)

If you have some cover, bushes etc, I'd say live catch traps would be one way to go, but if you not kitted out with them already, could be costly for you, although you could include this in a quote,

I beg to differ on that, if your ferreting for a landowner, and the warrens run on the boundary fence and onto a grass verge, your allowed to go fifteen foot past the boundary fence, think you'll find a letter regarding this, from the road agencys on the national ferret register website

WHY BOTHER LADS ?

NO NEED TO PUTY YOURSELVES AT RISK ..................

WITH RABBITS THEY HAVE TO COME OUT OF THE BANKING TO FEED ON THE FIELDS ABOVE OR BELOW .......... SNARE THEM ..OR ... LONGNET THEM .......... DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS

THE FENCE LINE WILL BE A GOOD KILLING AREA FOR THE HANGERS :victory:

DUCKWING

• 11 months later...