what would you choose

Before the start of next season I’m adding a new recruit to the team,

General use, long nights lamping, covering a fair few miles on and off road, and through the day with the terriers and general day to day use,

Right If you had the choice, what would you go for...

or any comments plus'/ negatives you may have about any of the motors.

Pictures are Not of the exact motors for sale, just examples.

1) A land rover defender 90, 2'lift, new springs, chassis, paint job etc, 2.5 litre tdi

2) Nissan Terrano commerial 2.7 Td

3) Shogun 4work commercial swb, 3.2

post-62-1208686601.jpg

post-62-1208686617.jpg

i had a defender 90 300tdi what a great dog bus go anywhere turn it in a lane the motor was great but ther uncoftable cold wet and cramped but its worth putting up with for the benefits but if you do alot of miles you will struggle i use to feel like id been hit by a defender never mind drove it if i traveled more than 50 miles without stretching my legs and im a wagon driver so im used to driving allday. my boss used to lend me his shogun commercial for long trips and that really is a comfty motor and not lacking on speed neither for a 4x4. it is more than capable off road but couldnt quite go as far as my defender but that would have had a lot to do with tyres i suppose i had 50 50 hes got 80road 20 offroad which would play a big factor. ive got a nissan patrol gr swb at the moment which is great all round and coinsudently for sale if anybodys interested and ive just bought a mk3 twincab hilux with 4" lift and mud tyres so hopefully that will prove a usefull bus. but if i didnt need more seats for the familly and didnt do loads off miles or atleast had a second car to drive when requied i wouldnt hesetate to have another defender 90

edited to add

dont be fooled by the terrano dont expect the nissan reliability and build quallity cause behind that nissan badge its really a ford

Edited by harddigging

Cheers for the replies lad’s the advice is appreciated.

I was swaying towards the shogun anyway, and I think that’s what I’ll end up going for.

The defender is a tool of land, I’m not doubting that, but for the things I do, travelling allot of miles

Up and down the country in a night, I think the features and general reliability of the shogun will suit me,

And there meant to be handy off land with the right tyres,

And shepp- as for being poncy, that’s your view, but if it does the job in hand, and doesn't get you a pull then it will suit me,

Guest ROOSTER
The old Daihatsu fourtrack (Commercial - More space for the dogs). A comfortable drive on the road & very capable off road to , I've got my second one now & with the right tyres on it I wouldnt change it for anything.... :clapper:
FECK ME ,it was only last week you had to leave and get a bus home.