a serious question,

Guest markbrick1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smashygadge
its only a thought.............and not one of mine.i have a lot of land to hunt upon,with lots of rabbits pheasants and foxes,i have farmers phoning me all the time to control the rabbits,would people pay to ferret lamp and shoot,i for one wouldnt :whistling: so like i say its not my thought its my son in laws :gunsmilie: i also have holiday lets,all hunting would be on land with permision and i must have 10,000 acres available,also as a bonus 200 yards from the lets theres a trout stream and 1 mile away there is some good sea fishing,but iam no fisherman but some are,what would one excpect to catch quantitys if they were paying for lamping and ferreting??????????????like i say its not my thought its his :drink: so per night with accomadation and hunting,i know i will get some stick here but what the feck i am used to that, :laugh: but being from the north west we arnt all as lucky as me down here in cornwall,so come on give me are him some ideas,catch nu,price etc of coarse own dogs ferrets and guns,there isnt many places that do this around the uk to help the lurcher and terrier enthusiastic person,mark

looking at what you have wrote id say theirs money in it.i dont no where i saw similar charge for simmilar but not to run dogs so i suppose a few days away doing what we love and a bit of fishing 2 sounds like the ideal break for most men dont no about the missus lol :victory:

i could never guarantee quarry?????????????but what amounts would you excpect per night rabbits and ferreting,what would you say is a good day and night,mark

Ferretin i would want 60 plus

lamping If two dogs present 50 plus mabie some larger quarry :whistling:

How much you charging??

I might treat myself :icon_redface:

Guest markbrick1

well i like the responce nothing but positiveness :clapper::clapper: now lets see what the son in law can do,as he is a lazy fecker with only dreams,his dad says he is a dreamer but he might do somthing with this as he has a baby and teaching pays feck all

Alright Mark, you would have to build some kennels at your gaffs and you would have to be carefull with who you rented them to as there is some complete arses out there in the hunting world with no respect for others property and other peoples feelings.

Good idea though if you could work out how to do it and a price.

does your son in law know much about hunting and fishing mark ??? as paying guests will want somebody who knows what they are talking about and who will be able to put them on the mark ... you will also get people who are new to the game and will be looking at the likes of your son in law to give them some helpfull tips .......

Guest markbrick1

well if i could get £300 for a weekend it would be a go saturday day,sat night and sunday day 2 nights accomadation i would be well pleased with that,so it would be 2 nights now what would you call a good weekend

Guest markbrick1
does your son in law know much about hunting and fishing mark ??? as paying guests will want somebody who knows what they are talking about and who will be able to put them on the mark ... you will also get people who are new to the game and will be looking at the likes of your son in law to give them some helpfull tips .......

he knows a bit,hes farming stock from down here inter bred for years :icon_eek: so a bit thick,but knows were the rabbits are i would be the one who lamps more then him he shoots,also i would be the one who ferrets and works the terriers,what a life

I'd pay for a weekend of ferreting and fishing but would want to be able to use the accommodation from Friday night so as to get a good long day in on the Saturday. I'd say most people who were travelling any distance would feel the same. If it was for a week, Saturday to Saturday would be fine.

Guest markbrick1
Alright Mark, you would have to build some kennels at your gaffs and you would have to be carefull with who you rented them to as there is some complete arses out there in the hunting world with no respect for others property and other peoples feelings.

i got a stable block for the dogs and wood burners in every room,but i would keep it to single people are familys at 1st until i knew them better,mark

if he isnt up to the job mark i will do it for £500 a week with a cottage to live in :D:D:D .... if i was paying i would want enough runs on the lamp untill i decided my dog was fecked ... and if i was ferreting you have got to provide 50+ rabbits in a day to make it worth paying for ........

i got a stable block for the dogs and wood burners in every room,but i would keep it to single people are familys at 1st until i knew them better,mark

it wouldnt work with single people mate ... most people have hunting buddies and they would want a lads weekend away huinting together ... at the end of the day people that pay good money for a weekends hunting are not the sort that are going to wreck your place ... and if you are still worried then you charge a deposit that they get back at the end of the weekend providing there are no dramas ........