new Invention

Guest basil46

My dad showed me the bramble / barbed wire trick about 40 years ago. I personally would use a bramble, it snags the fur easily and you don`t have to carry it around with you.

basil.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when the post whent up there was no mention of using it to find whether there is a dead rabbit up the tube i normally cornfirm this by the blood all over my ferrets face and the claws packed with fur .... but what would i know i am merely an internet hunter who knows feck all :D:D:D ...........

this is what me and Inan use :download:

Pat you forgot to cover my number plate up!

Sorry Inan :thumbs:

wallace-and-gromit-curse-of-the-wer.jpg

:laugh::laugh: clown :laugh:

You can't be to careful them anti's are everywhere :big_boss:

A good half of them are on here I think! Inan.Pat I will ring tomorrow ,about that little pest control job,try and get there before the public,let you know how it goes.Inan.

if i told you, you would know

would you have to kill me if you told me though :laugh:

If he told you ,you would know where the other end of the pipe goes,give you a clue ,thats not a grin ,its a grimace.Inan.
the bit of bramble trick, to find a stopped up rabbit does work,so barbed wire could do the same,but barbed wire to extract a rabbit :blink:

you'll notice, if you read all the post's, I was mistaken on watching the dvd, thinking that it was used to get live rabbits out, on re-watching the dvd, it's clear they are using it to reach, dead rabbits, killed by the ferts at the very end of a stop end, after reaching and removing a couple of live ones by hand

Poor old Stubby ,he floats what he thinks might be a good idea across the forum and they come down on him like a terrier on a bolted rat,there's more people on here ready to tear you to bits than there are willing to post their days out,like a pack of dogs ,waiting for one to fall so they can pounce on it.

i cant belive all the shit on this thread,

to all you internet hunters let me tell you again , its not a myth, and its not even a new idea, its been done for generations, by lots of ferreters.

but like i said erlier its easy done on dead rabbits.

all stubby has done , is up-date it slightly with the holder

, and as far as respect goes , i love rabbiting and all wild life and would never intentionaly injure any animal.

what is it with this site, people have opinios on things they have never seen or even tryed.

just because they havent done it they think it cant be done

i will agree with you on that one tomo,i was using wire and bramles 25yrs ago,yes were not all teenagers?? ie dog rose or rose hip brambles are best longer spikes and stronger stems and by gentley twisting you can wind it a long way down a hole,obvously dead rabbits come out easier than live rabbits,the same as if pulling rabbits out a stop end some rabbits take a lot of pulling out,as for just dig a bit further try that when the earth is going under a road or thick hedge bottom,easier to use the wire or bramble in some cases,stubby has stated he takes his wire with him,so why will he be losing his permission,and in years gone by when farmers pumped gas down holes,they certainly woudnt be chasing you off for using a bit of wire,nor would many now,so stick with it stubby,you wont get rich selling bits of twisty wire but you will keep the farmers happy killing rabbits,and when the occasion arrises use your wire it works,

well, this topic certainly stirred things up,

if anyone read the first post, they will realise it was something I had seen, and copied making, along with a safe way of carrying, but had not yet used it, in the field,

yes, I had described its use wrongly, but on re-checking, relaided on, that it was used on dead rabbits, rather than alive one's

but look at the amount of hits, this one topic has seen, over one thousand,three hundred :clapper:

so, just to let everyone that has left a comment, good or bad know, it will keep its place on my longnet basket, and should the need ever arise to use it, to retrive an out of reach, dead rabbit, then I'll have it to hand, and use it

Guest Magwitch
well, this topic certainly stirred things up,

if anyone read the first post, they will realise it was something I had seen, and copied making, along with a safe way of carrying, but had not yet used it, in the field,

yes, I had described its use wrongly, but on re-checking, relaided on, that it was used on dead rabbits, rather than alive one's

but look at the amount of hits, this one topic has seen, over one thousand,three hundred :clapper:

so, just to let everyone that has left a comment, good or bad know, it will keep its place on my longnet basket, and should the need ever arise to use it, to retrive an out of reach, dead rabbit, then I'll have it to hand, and use it

The MK 2 was better :thumbs: Steve let me know when your going to do that bit up there.

when the post whent up there was no mention of using it to find whether there is a dead rabbit up the tube i normally cornfirm this by the blood all over my ferrets face and the claws packed with fur .... but what would i know i am merely an internet hunter who knows feck all :D:D:D ...........

from your answer there socks, you seem to think i was refering to you about the internet hunter thing.

no fella, read my post again , the part refered to you was , that i have respect for the quarry. which you implied people who yous this method musent have.

nice one stubby should deffinatley help put a few rabbits in the bag.it makes me wonder how many rabbits i mat have actually left behind which i didnt know was there because i could only feel as far as arms length.

good hunting

rew

if a copper saw it he would do you for carrying an offencive weapon dont need to give them another reason to piss you about. YIS Pritch

granted, if someone was caught carrying that around on its own, the police may have something to say about it,

but if your carrying that, plus all your other ferreting gear, plus in my case my BPCA card, proving Im a bona-fide pest controller, then I doubt they would even ask

:clapper: :clapper: