advice please

Hi

Need some advice, i am struggling to find a use for all these dead wrabbits, im not pretending i'm killing hundreds just about 10 a week ish.

Anyway i give some away to ma mates for there ferrets and dogs and even one who has a hawk, but sometimes i have too many left over, i dont mind eating them but its like the turkey at xmas, sometimes enough really is enough.

Someone mentioned that if i dressed them then i can give/sell them to butchers, this true???

Anyway if anyone else has any ideas what to do with them as an easy way of getting rid then it would be much appreciated.

I dont want to just kill them as well its a waste, rather help the farmer get rid of a pest and put it to some good use afterwards.

Thanks

Hi

Need some advice, i am struggling to find a use for all these dead wrabbits, im not pretending i'm killing hundreds just about 10 a week ish.

Anyway i give some away to ma mates for there ferrets and dogs and even one who has a hawk, but sometimes i have too many left over, i dont mind eating them but its like the turkey at xmas, sometimes enough really is enough.

Someone mentioned that if i dressed them then i can give/sell them to butchers, this true???

Anyway if anyone else has any ideas what to do with them as an easy way of getting rid then it would be much appreciated.

I dont want to just kill them as well its a waste, rather help the farmer get rid of a pest and put it to some good use afterwards.

Thanks

get a freezer

Used to be able to find enough people in our village to take em.

Now people turn their noses up at anything not in a poly tray covered in cling film!

Most people have no idea where the meat comes from, how its killed etc.

Even more dont know how to 'prepare' it themselves, bloody shame cheap meat eh!

Just a thought

Anyone see KILL IT COOK IT EAT IT?

yeah i know what your saying, im fine with eating it and prepping it. it dosen't bother me and its nice enough but its a pain when you eat it as you have nothing else to do with it and i aint leaving them for the foxes to get an easy meal.

I did also read somewhere that eating rabbit all the time can make you ill?? anyone heard this, apparently when you digest the meat it takes some nutrients outta your blood, so if over a prolonged period you eat rabbit you become ill, the old american prospectors used to call it Buck fever or something like that as they could only get hold of rabbits to eat alot of the time.

Anyway think i may go see my local hunt and see if they want them for their hounds, gotta be woth a try.

The theory on eating rabbit and it kills you could be true.

But you would have to eat JUST RABBIT nothing else

Hahaha well i guess that means i owe my mate a pint as he was adamant that it was right, i thought he was pulling my leg.

Edited by 28hodge

Hi,

I remember from my survival training years ago that just eating rabbits is not good enough to survive. This is because there are not enough vitamins and minerals in them.

How ever it's like everything else, with a normal well balanced meal you are ok.

ALB

Commando