My sights are off again

Ok, I'm ready for the flack. I need help.

I set up my scope again the other day after a good clean. I stuck a rod in the lawn with some twine hanging off it with a weight attached.

I laid my rifle across a coffe table indoors and pointing out the door. The cross hairs matched up perfectly. Took the gun out today and guess what?

At 3-5 yards the pellet goes right, at 30-35 yards I could take off hitlers mustachios and not braek the skin, but at 40-50 yards the pellet drifts left.

Who can tell me which way the scope needs turning? Left or Right?

Answers on a postcard please...

H

:gunsmilie:

Cant really offer an answer but why worry about 3 - 5yds anyway?

If its spot on at 30 - 35 thats the best range for shooting with 12ftlb

Will ask a mate who is an expert on scopes over the weekend.

He is the only guy I know who can replace the reticles in sights using black widow web!

I know alot of people who disrespect the laser bore sighter but i for one aint got no faults with it at all. You can set your sights spot on with

in a minute also very handing for checking each time before you go out for a shoot, deffiantly worth investing in one if your having problems

setting your scopes up :thumbs:

Was testing general knowledge Woodga. I used a spirit level to ensure the gun was spot on with the plumb bob first before zeroing in, but no-one mentioned using one.

I am sure there are a lot of posts out there that tell you how to set up a scope properly, was wondering how many actually knew how to do it themselves instead of relying on a gunsmith or pre-fitted sights.

Without giving up too much, lets just say I was "trained" to shoot, AND to ensure I hit what I aimed at - from any distance. Of course airguns are completely different from centre or rimfire in their trajectory elements, but the basic principles are the same.

I will never again fire a rifle or shotgun. I doubt that I will even apply for an FAC. I like low power, stealth, and the ability to kill first time with that combination. True hunting. Or as close as I can get nowadays since bows are illegal here.

Wisconsin... one day.

Cheers all and don't be too p*ssed off about my post, it wasn't meant to embaress anyone, just test knowledge.

H

:gunsmilie: