MARKBRICK1

Alright mate, was just pondering about your dog you do a bit of lure coursing and racing with at the shows, i have a vague recollection (cant be arsed to go through your posts), that it was beating everything at 9 months old? Now if this dog is 22ins, are you only racing in height categories, or is she going up against bigger dogs too? Do you put them into the straight racing events too? what sort of times are they managing, i reckon you should get along to a flapping track and get a proper time for how the dog does, do you really think your dog is fast enough to be stood alongside a dog of say 27 or 28 ins???

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's simple enough in my eyes, a dog of 27-28ins, will piss on a small dog in straight line speed, turning might be a different affair, but then i think some of that depends on the dogs lurning curve, when i started mine off, you'd see the old running to the point they saw the quarry then turning onto it, where as now as you'd expect, the dogs run to the point they think the quarries going, my brindle dog tends to over shoot on rabbits quite a bit of the time, but his pace is such that he's back up on it in a few strides, but when he used to run hares, he's stuck on the arse like glue, must just run differently on different quarry!!!

Guest markbrick1

here we go :clapper::clapper: right as a puppy racing and she started inmarch at the bath and weston she was 5 month old just for a bit of fun she was racing all size pups upto 12 month old also at that show there was 2 11 month old greyhounds she won she went on all yr racing all differant size pups and ages,she never lost a race winning the midland and loads more and including a lot of coarsing events,simulated now at 9 month old she was in the unders and that is under 23 inch any age and yes she won a lot,now racing big dogs,in the coarsing she would race any size dog and the lurcherworld final,£200 jacket and trophy it was the best of the best,she was 10 month old 20 inch tall she raced very fast dogs greyhound whippets the lot 22 to 27 inch when they set of there was a dog that could touch her for the 1st 100 yards then a bend she would loose the big dogs on the bends and of coarse 20 dogs that day like many another she won,now my dog is 22 inch and if big dogs are so much better why have i never seen a big dog beat her in a race many a time i would race the winner of the overs thats 23 and over and beat that as well why, if big dogs are faster these dogs that race around the shows in summer are bred to race why does a little 22 inch collie x beat 95% of em if big dogs are faster?????????and there is no disputing she has as i have the trophies,mark

Guest markbrick1
Alright mate, was just pondering about your dog you do a bit of lure coursing and racing with at the shows, i have a vague recollection (cant be arsed to go through your posts), that it was beating everything at 9 months old? Now if this dog is 22ins, are you only racing in height categories, or is she going up against bigger dogs too? Do you put them into the straight racing events too? what sort of times are they managing, i reckon you should get along to a flapping track and get a proper time for how the dog does, do you really think your dog is fast enough to be stood alongside a dog of say 27 or 28 ins???

ok i got caught up with the old usually my dog shit,sorryi mainly raced in height catergories under 23,but many a time the winner of both overs and unders would race of,and she won a lot of times well nearly all,and iam talking straight racin,cant be arsed with flappin tracks mine are collie xs not purpose bred 95%.5%whippets mine are workin dogs that beat most,also when the coarsing is held on a big coarse they always beat the big dogs to the 1 st 100 yrds then a turn and completly loose the big dogs,mark

Ok, lets say for arguements sake, you and me were out for a walk with your 22in dog and my 28 in dog or my 27in dog or even all 3 whatever, we've got all the dogs walking to heel and 50yds ahead of us up pops a hare and runs away from us in a straight line, are you telling me you think your dog will beat mine to the turn??? your dog would be taking 3 or 4 strides to my dogs 1, i aint calling your dogs, and i dont doubt you bought....i mean won all your trophies..... :tongue2: ...... but i just cant see it, i'll give you 30-40 yds off the cuff but then it'd be game over, honestly mate get your dog to a flapping track and get a time on her!!!

It's simple enough in my eyes, a dog of 27-28ins, will piss on a small dog in straight line speed, turning might be a different affair, but then i think some of that depends on the dogs lurning curve, when i started mine off, you'd see the old running to the point they saw the quarry then turning onto it, where as now as you'd expect, the dogs run to the point they think the quarries going, my brindle dog tends to over shoot on rabbits quite a bit of the time, but his pace is such that he's back up on it in a few strides, but when he used to run hares, he's stuck on the arse like glue, must just run differently on different quarry!!! ive seen alot of big dogs that couldnt beat my granny to the shops if it was the case where the big dog was the best everyone in the country would have dogs 27 28 inches the majority of big dogs lack take of speed which is vital when rabbiting and if he overshoots his rabbit sadly in most cases hes not having a second chance day or night alot of big dogs lack centre of gravity which gives balance which in turn enables a dog to strike effectively and consistantly also if a dog dosent possess these qualities along with a good engine hes most definately not killing any hares no matter how big he is or how fast he is in a straight line
Guest markbrick1
Ok, lets say for arguements sake, you and me were out for a walk with your 22in dog and my 28 in dog or my 27in dog or even all 3 whatever, we've got all the dogs walking to heel and 50yds ahead of us up pops a hare and runs away from us in a straight line, are you telling me you think your dog will beat mine to the turn??? your dog would be taking 3 or 4 strides to my dogs 1, i aint calling your dogs, and i dont doubt you bought....i mean won all your trophies..... :tongue2: ...... but i just cant see it, i'll give you 30-40 yds off the cuff but then it'd be game over, honestly mate get your dog to a flapping track and get a time on her!!!

ok mate iam going to answer this with a nice polite response,i dont think my dog will beat the average 27 inch dog to the turn at say 100 yards i know it will,mark

It's simple enough in my eyes, a dog of 27-28ins, will piss on a small dog in straight line speed, turning might be a different affair, but then i think some of that depends on the dogs lurning curve, when i started mine off, you'd see the old running to the point they saw the quarry then turning onto it, where as now as you'd expect, the dogs run to the point they think the quarries going, my brindle dog tends to over shoot on rabbits quite a bit of the time, but his pace is such that he's back up on it in a few strides, but when he used to run hares, he's stuck on the arse like glue, must just run differently on different quarry!!! ive seen alot of big dogs that couldnt beat my granny to the shops if it was the case where the big dog was the best everyone in the country would have dogs 27 28 inches the majority of big dogs lack take of speed which is vital when rabbiting and if he overshoots his rabbit sadly in most cases hes not having a second chance day or night alot of big dogs lack centre of gravity which gives balance which in turn enables a dog to strike effectively and consistantly also if a dog dosent possess these qualities along with a good engine hes most definately not killing any hares no matter how big he is or how fast he is in a straight line

think you wanna adapt that reply mate it looks like i've written your post!!!!! i've got some video footage of my 28in dog running a hare before the ban, and i dont think your point would hold up, about no centre of gravity and not be able to turn and strike, thats why alot of of the really good hare dogs that used to run them were 22ins is it???

i wouldve thought, if his smaller dog is exceptionally fast, it would be yards ahead of yours before your got into its stride, lets face it a 27/28inch dog aint got the acceleration of a little 22inch dog, ive got a 22inch bitch thats explosive on take off and it would be away before the big gangly 27inchers got into gear,jmo

mark the greyhounds you were beating at shows obviously were not purpose bred racing greys because i can guarentee you without a doubt taht before my sprints dogs injury there is no way your 22 inch dog would have been anywhere near him when he crossed the finish line ... just to add this dog was a track record holder and open class racer and would run through a brick wall to win a race ............