mk6 trap trouble

ok,i went all the way to keens gunstore in bridgend to get some fenn traps,in a rush i didnt bother asking how to set them up.ive looked on here how to do it and im trying like it says,but i just cannot get those jaws open,any tips?

Hold the trap so that the base is away from you, with your left thumb in the loop - fingers under the base, and your right thumb on top of the wire jaw with fingers underneath. Just squeeze your hands together and the jaws will open. Engage the safety catch over the wire jaw as soon as you can, then engage the tongue under the tiller.

Simple really

OTC

i've only got 1 arm, and how i set mine, i find a gate post or a hefty nail or such like, hook the ring over the nail... then pull towards me.... bingo.

proceed with caution the first few times..... lol

my first few attempts were painfull as i had no one to help get the sh*g off......lol.. soon mastered it though.

Edited by donky7

How hard can it be???

all you have to do is put your thumb in the catch on one of the jaws, and hand on the other the using both hands pull each jaw away from each other. Then put the safety catch on when it has been pushed far enough down. Next with the safety catch still on push the trap down a little more, then being able to connect the trigger, bit set it really sensative, but still safety catch on. Once in place in the tunnel or whenever you put it, take the safety catch off.

Nice and simple

lol finally got em,its not that hard,i have to use somthing to pry the first bit open though,as soon as i get my fingers in there its not to bad to pull apart.theyre all set in the tunnel down the river now waiting for the mink :-D

i've accidently caught a wild polecat in one.... and he was very much still alive...... i have also had a rabbit still alive in one..... i never had much luck with the fenns for rabbits....... unless someone is paying you for using them, theres not much point