American digging.......

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AND...the reason you hide your face in America is??????

Gangster

A couple reasons actually but I won't type them out. PM me if you like.....Why do you ask? Did you not like the post or are you stirring?

SEEMS TO ME KYE DONT WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT "OTHER PEOPLES FACES " BEING ON THE NET ..BTU HEY I AM JUST GOING OFF PERSONAL EXPERIANCE WHAT DO I KNOW?

YIS FELLMAN

Taffy, im certainly no exspert on the Raccoon mate...i would LOVE to be though, i certainly do like digging to them!...There heads are quite deceiving though...although they have a smallish muzzle, the base of there lower jaw is realy wide, and they can give quite a punishing bite...but the thing you have to think about with Coons is that they rake the hell out of the dogs faces/eyes with there claws...the red bitch had quite a close shave with her eyes getting gouged at...plus, if a big strong dog was to grab a big coon, and try to rag on it, they have a very strange method of defence...most people seem to call it "Balling"...they seize the head, or hold on to the dogs collar, thus when the dog shake/rags, the Coons whole body moves with it...so the dog dont do to much damage...Some Hound hunters have lost big Coon Hounds to this if the hounds catch a big coon in water...FR told me that some times they will run to water, get to the deepest part of it and flaot on there back and WAIT for the dog...like they have a "Battle-Plan"...plus the fact that they are MUCH higher in intelligence than most quarry species, so i think they "figure" a dog out quickly...like i said though, i dont know enough about them, but FR has dug a shit load of them, and has some big beasties in his area!...

Glad some of you liked the post and pictures, i agree, FR made a good job on it...but i dont agree that he is dead sexy!..lol.

Kye,..

Guest Haggler
AND...the reason you hide your face in America is??????

Gangster

A couple reasons actually but I won't type them out. PM me if you like.....Why do you ask? Did you not like the post or are you stirring?

Stirring shit? Me? No way. Just wondering as the Animal Rights activist in the U.S. don't have piss for power to stop legal hunting whether it is with a dog or a bowie knife. Putting my mug up on a website with my dogs and the quarry we have taken here in the U.S. is something I don't give a second thought. Part of that freedom and free speech thing our guys are fighting for in Iraq.

336423.jpg

353823.jpg

353826.jpg

353824.jpg

I'm sure you got your reasons.

No Fear, Haggler

In order of the quarry that i want to hunt the most (and most likely to!) it would be Raccoon/Fox as a close first...then maybe the ever elusive American Badger, then Ground Hogs, then Possom...im not that bothered with Possom and Ground Hog...but digging summat is better than digging nothing!..lol.

I think you need a smaller dog for the GH's...but i wouldnt breed my terriers ti suit a small quarry...i like Fox and Coon, so the dogs i keep should be able to work these...i think i like a medium sized terrier for over here...around 12 1/2 to 14"...and 16-20lbs...my wife has a nice little white bitch that i can use on GH...she is only 11" and about 10lbs...

Kye,..

No problem Haggler, nice pic with the fox.......I had one like that with me in it in end up in an English anti brochure that I spent considerable time and money getting removed........you're right I do have my reasons, but they have little to do with America when I'm on this site and more to do with what these lads are up against as this is THEIR site, not an American's...........just trying to be courteous, do no damage and share a story.....I mean otherwise they'd think I was just a loud, rude yank waving my flag in their face wouldn't they? <_<

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all. Safe hunting to you all........ ;)

Guest Haggler

"I mean otherwise they'd think I was just a loud, rude yank waving my flag in their face wouldn't they?"

Christ, you just descibed me to a "T". B)

"hey haggler...havent i seen you on Dallas????"

Shit there goes my anonymity! :good:

That little Patterdale bitch in the first pic may well be the smallest in either country. She was the runt of the litter (which is why I bought her) but she has a huge heart and battles anything and everthing under ground. Taking her to Maryland for fox this January. hopefully she'll be smrt enough not to try and kill it!

Haggler

Good pics,very intresting to read about other countries, the terriers that work there and the different quarry species and defenses they use.Always imagined Racoons to be the size of small cats.It would be a big head that a davy crocket hat would fit made from that racoon.