Split fingers

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the replies folks and have to say that I do find the E45 the best I've used so far :thumbs: , thinking of trying Tea Tree Oil :hmm: , anyone used that?

One I think that does sound worth a try is the bees wax :thumbs:

Big Red, hi-jack the thread :thumbs: , it's only what we normally do anyway :laugh::drink:

Matin :hmm: , got to hand it to ya.................you do have a problem there :toast::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh!!, almost forgot, :hmm: .............Millet are you familiar with "the bird"?.................................................. :feck::laugh: :laugh: :drink:

cheers guys :victory:

Neutrogena and E45 are both very good, but any hand cream is beneficial. You just need to use it regularly, BEFORE your hands start to be sore and skin splits. I use hand cream every day, even in summer,putting it on just before bed. My late dad also swore by the value of marmite on toast, (if you like it).

He reckoned the vitamins were good for your skin,treating it from inside. When dad was a P.O.W. he said they could buy marmite off the chinese travelling traders, and used to rub it into sores and wounds caused when playing with the big train set the Japs gave them.

I get them terrible in my thumbs during winter: a mixture of cold and damp causes it. The only thing I have found to really get rid of those cracks is what I put on the dogs' pads: Padsanol from the Greyhound Megastore. It works a treat: use several times a day until cracks are healed then once a day before you are likely to get cold/wet hands.

http://209.85.129.104/search?q=cache:PEq5t...uk&ie=UTF-8