Emigrating to New Zealand

Have been thinking about it for a while now and reckon that in 4 or 5 years time me and my partner, plus our daughter will be looking to emigrate to new zealand!!! Any advice from people who've done it and can give us some pointers and things to be careful of would be appreciated. many thanks and long live the queen...not!!!!

Have been thinking about it for a while now and reckon that in 4 or 5 years time me and my partner, plus our daughter will be looking to emigrate to new zealand!!! Any advice from people who've done it and can give us some pointers and things to be careful of would be appreciated. many thanks and long live the queen...not!!!!

Make sure you have a trade and as many qualifications as possible, aus and nz have just started to let some colleges over here assess trade qualifications over here, for people emigrating, so when you get out their you dont have todo a trade test, they have different qualifications over there, plent of money helps which means you don't or won't need a sponsor, do a job that worker are in short supply over there, so they need you trade more that might help.

can't think of more.

1 more you must be below a certain age.

twins

befor you move i would sugest going on holiday there first , see if ya like the place.

of course if you already have, then good luck its a great country . good numbers of rabbits hares and shit loads of deer :yes:

no foxes though :no:

My misses is a mental health nurse and they are apparently screaming out for them there, had a few mates go and work out there doing this job, will hopefully leave me free for more hunting activities!!!!! will be going for a proper reccy of it all and get an idea of what areas to look at!!!!

i spent a few years over there,wish i hadnt come back,,top place with top people.i sugest mid canterbury is a good place to settle.plenty of everything nearby. i dont agree that the money is less as you have to put it in perspective,yes it is if you were to bring it back to the uk but out there what you buy for a dollar you roughly buy for a pound nearenough.. i used to earn over a 1000 dollors a week after tax and that was in 2000 1/2 so it was like earning a 1000 pound a week.......

well iff you want to go back i will personally do as much as i can to help you. ill run a marathon to help raise the money shave me nuts and beg in the street :boogie:

[/quote

Give it a go mate, beautiful country. I got family out there best move they ever did.