HW100T

Hello one and all I am after some feedback on the HW100T both positive or negative will be greatly recieved, I have been thinking about buying one of these since their launch. However I like to leave things for while in order to see how they perform instead of jumping in with both feet, have'nt heard any bad reports on these rifles so I am just looking for some good old honest advice from people who own/shoot one of these rifles. I have all the technical stuff & prices now all I need is some feedback from the field so if any of you own a HW100T/HW100S/K tell me how you are getting on.

Many thanks

Coney.

PS: If anyone has got a second hand one for sale I've got a spare £100 quid (only joking)

Personally I think this is the best pre-charged rifle on the market. I prefer it to the mighty Rapid 7.

I had one of these on test and I couldn't fault it. It was flawless.

There were reports of leaky cylinders. I can't say I was ever effected but I've not heard any current reports of such.

I would have this rifle over any pre-charged rifle currently available.

I have a 100s and it's fantastic, i purchased it second hand and have not regretted it one little bit. It's a tad heavy when i've got it up for a while but it's solid and you know it will last and last. Accuracy is great 10 shots in 10p @35yards no problem, it's fairly quiet, cock's very nicely etc etc. I've used mine for bunnies, rats, birds and the like and love it. The only reason i'd ever think of changing mine is for a lighter rifle, but i don't think that the pro of that would outweigh the cons, i've used 410's etc etc and i'll stick to my HW100 thanks :-)

Guest lurcherboy2008
Hello one and all I am after some feedback on the HW100T both positive or negative will be greatly recieved, I have been thinking about buying one of these since their launch. However I like to leave things for while in order to see how they perform instead of jumping in with both feet, have'nt heard any bad reports on these rifles so I am just looking for some good old honest advice from people who own/shoot one of these rifles. I have all the technical stuff & prices now all I need is some feedback from the field so if any of you own a HW100T/HW100S/K tell me how you are getting on.

Many thanks

Coney.

PS: If anyone has got a second hand one for sale I've got a spare £100 quid (only joking)

i got a hw100 best gun iv shotto be honest carbine 1 i got with t hole stock not heavy atall plus i got 4-12x50 scopes on it silencer and sling an it still a nice weight

I have the leaky one!

It' s the HW100 KT. Fixed now and faultless. Very quiet and accurate. The sidelever cocking is effortless and smooth and the mechanism that prevents double indexing is good if you are prone to forgetfulness or getting carried away.

Had an AA S410 for several years previous and although it was obviously very different to the HW, there isn' t much to comment on about what they are like to shoot- any weight difference isn' t noticeable and they both handle well enough- the HW100 is just a bit easier to cock and the trigger is a little less clunky.

Regret buying the thumbhole stock- just not that keen on it and would rather have had the sporter, on reflection.

Did consider selling it because it' s really too good for my purposes- I'll only use it to shoot a few birds every year. Now I'll keep it- despite the initial problem with the leak, I' m confident that it will be working just as well in five years time.

Just like to thank you all for the feedback it's proved valuable and at the same time it's made my mind up on my next rifle, all I need now is for someone to part with a HW100T for a sensible amount of hard cash. If anyone knows of one for sale that has'nt been took apart or tinkered with I would be very interested (will post on on Buy, For Sale or Wanted forum just to keep the job right).

Cheers Coney.

Agree with what others have posted here ... a superb rifle and I like the T stock. Better than my S410 I owned and in comparison to the Rapid ... they're different tools. The HW is easier to use probably, but the Rapid has a magic of its own.