Plummer terriers

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..mmmmm well done !    You mentioned you "I actually had one myself" I presume this was red as my records say you only had red born 96 ..or did you re-invest?     Lol Glenn you love all this do

Thought you might be interested in this Jack, if you enjoyed the book,   This is a son of Omega's, a dog called Blue, he died in 1996 but was about 4 yrs old in this pic  

thanks.

Posted Images

i only have two bitches. one is working but is on the big side. the other is small and off a small worker i wouldnt breed a litter to prove a point but if she makes the grade and i breed off her your welcome to a pup thumbs.gif

post-2078-127585273893_thumb.jpg

just back in from last walk to read some kind offer's and replies,Cleanspade I'll take you up on that offer if ever you breed her,thanks,wirralman

Its nice to see that there are still some decent lads keeping plummers and not just the self serving mouthpieces trying to gain immortality off of Plummers creation. :drinks:

• Like 1

I've read through most of this thread trying to stay impartial and after much thought would like to issue you all an easy way to put your money where your mouth is,this includes you glen,if you can breed a bitch for me that you think will make under 13" thats easilly spannable,I will fully test and take pics etc of its developement,I don't expect it to be free and will pay a reasonable price,I have had 2 early plummer types given to me by plummer himself 1981ish,these were small headed dogs that only wieghed about 8lbs each,they were good little yapper's and bolter's,not digging dogs,could fly around the earths but would only stay for 20mins or so,but I always had stronger proper digging dogs for anything stubborn,I currently have a plummer dog that was never registered by the lad who bred him as it wasn't a sanctioned mating (father/daughter) that is 12" and about 12"long,wieghing around 12lb,he has been a great little dog and well worked by me on a daily basis,he has accounted for a lot of foxes above and below ground,he is biddable and intelligent for a terrier but is starting to get very tired,I've been looking to find a small replacement for when it gets too much for him and would like a bitch plummer,so this is your chance to prove your credibility as a working dog breeder,I have no axe to grind with anyone on this thread but I am giving you the opportunity to prove your stock works the way every terrier should,I have a lot of permission and my dogs are worked everyday in some form of pest control,so there you have it,a win,win situation for everyone,me and you,by the way I've looked at loads of big barrell chested plummer dogs and bitches to buy that would never get to ground in the area's I hunt,it must be of small potential,atb,wirralman

Thanks but no thanks besides which it would mean you jumping the que. If I have complaints from the peolp that have my terriers then I listen. So far nothing has given me cause to be to concerned as to their allround working ability..looks maybe .

My motto is if "it aint broken don't try and fix it".

As for my credability as a plummer breeder again im not concerned, as it appears things are fine ..so far! Maintaining generations of working instinct is only part of my (and should be part of all plummer breeders) goals. Perhaps this is why i as others do have a waiting list...Thanks again for the offer .

i only have two bitches. one is working but is on the big side. the other is small and off a small worker i wouldnt breed a litter to prove a point but if she makes the grade and i breed off her your welcome to a pup thumbs.gif

just back in from last walk to read some kind offer's and replies,Cleanspade I'll take you up on that offer if ever you breed her,thanks,wirralman

Its nice to see that there are still some decent lads keeping plummers and not just the self serving mouthpieces trying to gain immortality off of Plummers creation. :drinks:

I aggree its nice to see that theres are still some decent lads keeping plummers ..and that so many none decent lads got out of them early doors. Hows the tv doing ?..looks like cameron will be clamping down on the benefit taking work shy lads ..you could return to breeding Bill to make ends meet or actualy go out and work a terrier instead of getting numb thumbs from the keypad. :thumbs:

glen,I expected your answer to be money driven,you appear to have taken brians words the wrong way or have changed them to suit your own greed for power and money,to prove the worth of this little dog in the working terrier world I couldn't have given you an easier option,an experienced terrierman with lots of permission and work to prove the credibility of your line,I hope you realise that by going down your chosen route of selling to the highest bidder,probably to non working homes (mostly) that you jeopardise the breeds whole future in your pursuit of KC registration,if I recollect rightly,brian said to give any well bred potential working pups to either hunt terriermen or working homes as these dogs are your future,these are the dogs that will make the name of the plummer terrier of renown,you will not gain any note from breeding non-worker's and selling them overpriced,you only have to look at the comments on this website to realise that they are not held in high esteem by most other terriermen,if you genuinely care for the future of this breed then I suggest a change in your way's to get the breed recognised as a worker first and a show dog second,you really do need to accept your heading down a one track road to a non working pedigree oblivion,get recognition in the eye's of fellow terriermen,with that respect will come kc registration anyway,most breeds run 2 lines,worker's and show dogs,be known for the worker's not the show dogs,as I see it everyone online seems to think these dogs are incapable of proper work,this is your chance to prove it,wirralman

• Thanks 1

I aggree its nice to see that theres are still some decent lads keeping plummers ..and that so many none decent lads got out of them early doors. Hows the tv doing ?..looks like cameron will be clamping down on the benefit taking work shy lads ..you could return to breeding Bill to make ends meet or actualy go out and work a terrier instead of getting numb thumbs from the keypad. :thumbs:

:boredom:

glen,I expected your answer to be money driven,you appear to have taken brians words the wrong way or have changed them to suit your own greed for power and money,to prove the worth of this little dog in the working terrier world I couldn't have given you an easier option,an experienced terrierman with lots of permission and work to prove the credibility of your line,I hope you realise that by going down your chosen route of selling to the highest bidder,probably to non working homes (mostly) that you jeopardise the breeds whole future in your pursuit of KC registration,if I recollect rightly,brian said to give any well bred potential working pups to either hunt terriermen or working homes as these dogs are your future,these are the dogs that will make the name of the plummer terrier of renown,you will not gain any note from breeding non-worker's and selling them overpriced,you only have to look at the comments on this website to realise that they are not held in high esteem by most other terriermen,if you genuinely care for the future of this breed then I suggest a change in your way's to get the breed recognised as a worker first and a show dog second,you really do need to accept your heading down a one track road to a non working pedigree oblivion,get recognition in the eye's of fellow terriermen,with that respect will come kc registration anyway,most breeds run 2 lines,worker's and show dogs,be known for the worker's not the show dogs,as I see it everyone online seems to think these dogs are incapable of proper work,this is your chance to prove it,wirralman

You seem to have assumed alot ..

So im ...."greedy" for "power" and "money" I sell to "the highest bidder" and none "working homes"."overpriced" im also single handly "jeopardising the breeds whole future". As well as producing show dogs .."even tho i show my working dogs once maximum twice a year." fighting talk :boxing:

I need to take your obviously "highly regarded anonymous advice" and change my ways,or as you say and they all say the breed is doomed! doomed i say !

Like I have said I have no need to test my dogs especially with an opinionated assuming anonymous stranger, at all . (it appears i was right not to except your lovely offer of an unbiased opinion on my line) unbiased yea right lol

Modern Plummer terriers have proven themselves over and over again to me over the years (as have those folk who doubt the ability of my terriers) every time i hunt them .If i thought they were lacking something then I would introduce this from within the breed.

I have yet to have a dog back that was useless, to the owner.

Why do you feel I need to prove my dogs to terriermen like yourself for instance? ..an anonymous stranger ? and for what reason? ..if you don't believe they work then fine by me....I belive you seem to think i want to be what is it you said.... " noted"... for hard digging earth dogs ..not me thanks.

I seek no fame or respect from you or anyone , as I have so many times seen them in action, both breeding terriers and working there dogs.

The above picture of the macho steve with his terrier says enough to me thanks.

I do not sell to the highest bidder they have a set price which you may well think is overpriced but i believe is average.

As for not gaining anything from breeding from none workers you assume to much, 20 odd years seems to tell a different story in my view. My credibility is sound thanks as is the plummer terrier, my lust for kc recognition means nothing to my terriers as they will not realise they have been recognised as a breed in due course.

You must remember that I have had all of this "expert advice" so many times and every time thought differently to the vociferous old time expert.

Brian also once said there's no such thing as a wise old man.

Dont worry about me-ill just help myself to plenty of those salable salmon and trout from our lovely waterways. Todays bailiffs arent too smart and easily evaded. :thumbs:

Glenn if you read back through you will see that I have asked two questions and both seem to have been ignored...?

One was are you saying that Vandal wasn't a Plummer?

And the other was how many foxes have YOU taken in the last season with YOUR terriers?

Thanks

Dont worry about me-ill just help myself to plenty of those salable salmon and trout from our lovely waterways. Todays bailiffs arent too smart and easily evaded. :thumbs:

Lol help yourself down there i hear that the yokels are a bit slow but us nortehern keepers take some beating over 52 logged calls to the police last year.